Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bee sting to the scalp and swollen lymph nodes?  (Read 82718 times)

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
Re: bee sting to the scalp and swollen lymph nodes?
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 11:54:33 pm »
My lymph glands respond to scalp stings pretty strongly.  The whole body doesn't do well. 
The rest of the body tolerates the sting well below the neck.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 09:39:47 am »
Do you get stung often? I just got tired of getting stung so now I always wear my ultra breeze suit, gloves, and boots. I just had swelling that was aggravating and I hated the itch so I gave up even trying to wear less gear.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 09:44:28 am »
With me, after more and more stings the swelling and itching went away. About the only time I swell now is if it's under the eye or some other soft tissue. Even then the swelling is pretty mild.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 01:05:57 pm »
With me, after more and more stings the swelling and itching went away. About the only time I swell now is if it's under the eye or some other soft tissue. Even then the swelling is pretty mild.
Same here, most of the time, within 5 minutes i can hardly tell where I was stung at. If it is a totally new area to bee stung, I sometimes have a sore spot that I feel when I rub it or lean on it.
It I do not get stung for a long time, like during winter, I start having problems with my shoulders and my right ankle.
Jim
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline little john

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 04:53:04 am »
As far as I know, beekeeping is not a popular pursuit amongst nudists - which might suggest that certain parts of the body are more sensitive to stings than others.
I shall leave you with that mental picture. :smile:
LJ
A Heretics Guide to Beekeeping - http://heretics-guide.atwebpages.com

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2016, 08:35:42 am »
LJ, go on you tube and search "The naked beekeeper". He's there, he's nude(blurred), no I didn't care to watch it. :shocked:
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 10:27:19 am »
Well a naked beekeeper is someone that I know I am smarter than.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 07:51:03 pm »
He did a full inspection and never got stung.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 09:26:13 am »
It is the possibility of getting stung in some places that are just not worth the risk

Offline GotStung

• Brood
    • Speeding up your WiFi
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2020, 03:03:33 am »
It?s such a relief to know this is normal. I got stung on the scalp two days ago, felt fine later that day, but felt a bit of ?soreness? in the back of the head (different spot from the sting) yesterday, and I?m feeling two lumps plus some dull pain today.

The lumps got me quite worried. It?s good to know that this is an expected reaction from the bee sting that?ll hopefully subside soon.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2020, 07:20:51 am »
Got rung,
Welcome to Beemaster.
As noted below, the more stings you get, the less it affects you.
I strongly recommend using Benadryl cream and hydrocortisone cream on the stings. This seems to help your body to not react to the stings and stops your body from over reacting.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2020, 10:12:29 pm »
I'm going to pipe up again about applying lavender oil/ice pack every 10 minutes until pain & swelling are gone. Or else I go to sleep.  This is absolutely the fastest cure I've tried, faster than topical or tablet Rx-strength steroids, or anything.  And for me, no side effects.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2020, 10:33:21 pm »
Got rung,
Welcome to Beemaster.
As noted below, the more stings you get, the less it affects you.
I strongly recommend using Benadryl cream and hydrocortisone cream on the stings. This seems to help your body to not react to the stings and stops your body from over reacting.
Jim Altmiller

Yes Jim, along with a Zantac tablet if still available. As told to us here a couple years ago by one of our members who was an ER Nurse. Your method Jim, along with the tablet soon made a dramatic turnaround in my case from stings, until I became immune, cured, or whatever the proper wording would be, getting me over the hump until I no longer had the reactions. Before that my concern was that I may be severely allergic to bee stings. In all fairness, I should go back and find that text giving credit to the nice person who told us of this.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:39:42 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.