Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: outlook express ?  (Read 2891 times)

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
outlook express ?
« on: October 31, 2007, 08:26:17 am »
I have configured outlook for mail from my web server and all was good untill yesterday. Now it will not recieve mail from the server. the message i get is;
The server responded with an error. Account: 'reservations@octoberbendrv.com', Server: 'mail.octoberbendrv.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

This is now happening on all of the email accounts and not sure why. I can get to the email accounts through web mail though. any ideas?

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
Re: outlook express ?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 10:05:40 am »
Did your mail provider change server names? Perhaps your stored password to retrieve mail was removed (or you changed your password)?
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline ooptec

• House Bee
    • Beginners foray into TBH's in Canada
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 10:16:40 am »
Phone your servers tech support

cheers

peter

Offline Clegs

• House Bee
  • Let the good times roll!
    • CalebGo.com - Gread dissusion forums, programmers, hobbiests, or just anyone
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:54:01 pm »
You could also try checking your mail without secure(ssl).  You're server doesn't support SSL, so it could be that your e-mail server doesn't as well.
calebgo.com - My website

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 10:22:40 pm »
thanks all for your input. Got it going :shock:  Ironicly it started working when i went into the account properties and check the secure ssl box. :? the main thing is it tis working and life is as good as before. :mrgreen: