Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How much do you sell a pound of honey for in your area?  (Read 34600 times)

Offline Chanticleer48

• House Bee
Re: How much do you sell a pound of honey for in your area?
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2015, 01:43:06 pm »
Sell it by weight, not volume.

Ok...thanks.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2015, 09:06:17 pm »
Pint Jar= 22oz
Quart Jar-44oz
John 3:16

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2015, 11:59:59 pm »
Tare weight? ( without weight of the jar?)
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2015, 03:30:08 am »
Tare weight? ( without weight of the jar?)

Weight of honey without jar. So basically 1 fl oz. of honey is 1.375 oz by weight (1.375 x 16 =22)

These are recommended figure that came from bee supply mag years ago from a chart inside the cover. Of course moisture content, source etc may change from year to year and affect figures a little
John 3:16

Offline Packrat3wires

• House Bee
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2015, 10:42:32 pm »
In West Kentucky I sell for $7 a pound and $20 a quart jar.    I can't keep it in stock and actually limit folks to 5 quart jars at a time.   I have enough orders this year (2015) that I could sell 2 tons worth and not have enough for everyone.    I also sell 4oz Muth jars around Christmas for $4.   Makes great gifts during the holidays and for hot toddies!!! The jar price is why they cost so much. 
"evil prevails when good men fail to act"   Edmund Burke

Offline Beewildered61

• House Bee
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2015, 08:54:49 pm »
 I've been selling mine in 8oz and 16oz plastic bottles. $8 for 16oz and $4 for 8oz....took off at first, then I think folks didn't think I had more, last month took off again...mostly just selling at mine and my wife's job. Lady emailed me today wanting $24 worth.... The GM at my wife's job, just hands her a $20 and says, "I need my honey!" what's cool, I work for an international company, I've sold some to folks (employees)visiting from Brazil and The Netherlands! :)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2015, 09:32:11 pm »
I've been selling mine in 8oz and 16oz plastic bottles. $8 for 16oz and $4 for 8oz....took off at first, then I think folks didn't think I had more, last month took off again...mostly just selling at mine and my wife's job. Lady emailed me today wanting $24 worth.... The GM at my wife's job, just hands her a $20 and says, "I need my honey!" what's cool, I work for an international company, I've sold some to folks (employees)visiting from Brazil and The Netherlands! :)

I think your price is low, particularly if you're talking about 8 and 16 fluid ounce bottles.  But it is getting out there,nso good for you.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Beewildered61

• House Bee
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2015, 10:10:21 pm »
 No, actually I have 8 and 16 oz bottles from BetterBee, not fluid onces... I weighed them, 17 ounces (1 ounce for the bottle) and 1.06 pounds on my digital scale :)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2015, 12:24:39 am »
Good for you, then.  But if people look at supermarket "honey" they think that's the price they should pay.  Tests have shown a lot of the "honey" has no real honey at all.  Don't undervalue real honey to compete with that fake stuff, is all I'm saying.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2015, 01:58:24 pm »
This is what I sell it for.  8oz $5, 12oz $7, 1# $9, 2# $15, 5LB $30. 

I remind myself Savannah Bee Co. sells theirs for a heck of a lot more than that too.  Market it well and sell it uniquely.  I sold out production of my 25 hives in 6 months at those prices.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline Biggun

• New Bee
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2015, 09:30:51 pm »
$8 pound.

Offline Buffomatic

• New Bee

anything