Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: understudy visiting nj  (Read 2890 times)

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
understudy visiting nj
« on: June 29, 2007, 09:56:11 pm »
I have invited Understudy over on Sunday, time to be determined by his work schedule. Please consider yourselves invited. I may be doing the last few frames of extracting followed by beer drinking. PM if interested. Probably BBQ. etc.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: understudy visiting nj
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 10:18:47 pm »
I should be there Sunday around 1-2pm depending on traffic and how many times I miss that left turn to Albuquerque.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 10:22:34 pm »
I should be there Sunday around 1-2pm depending on traffic and how many times I miss that left turn to Albuquerque.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

What traffic directions/plans are complete without reference to that old cartoon?  :-D

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 10:02:07 am »
We may have a very special sighting of Beemaster himself. Just Pm'd him w/ directions and cell number as he is thinking about it!!!!!!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 03:23:35 pm »
I'm on stand by at work right now - the boss called me and asked if I would be available for the afternoon Sunday (coworker feeling ill but he thinks he might NOT be feeling better tomorrow) but I'll know EARLY tomorrow morning.

If I don't have to work, I'll be coming and call you ahead of time to make sure all is still on :)

I just bought my wife the coolest GPS I've every seen and I'll toss it in my car just to give it a road trip. Here are some of the unit's features:

*Full text to speech (it reads all street names aloud, unlike most units which say "turn left in 500 ft", it says "turn left on to Locust Avenue in 500ft", etc...

*Full bluetooth, so my cellphone plays thru the GPS, including the phones phonebook, and it auto calls over 6 million points of interest, like eateries, banks, anywhere listed with a phone number in the GPS.

*MP3 player using a 2gig SD CARD - it has 2 one-inch speakers for qualty sound, it uses the dash and window as a surround sound quality atmosphere.

*It has FULL nationwide street detail coverage - unlike my old GPS which needed REGIONS to be uploaded to a memory stick, so now it is a seemless nation-wide travel experience too.

I really is sweet, tons of other features in 3D and touch screen interface. The unit even works well INDOORS, never had a GPS that picked up a signal from inside before - wow.

So, your directions are great, I am going to put your address in the GPS now - so let's see how it does. I really want to come tomorrow - I don't want to turn down the over time, so I hope he doesn't call out - fingers crossed.

I'll let you know either way, and if I can make it - I'll be leaving here around noon if that is okay - that's about 1 hour tops with traffic :)

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=385 to see the GPS for those interested.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 03:49:26 pm »
that is cool.  i hate to keep picking on your home state  :-)  but after being there, i decided i needed a new GPS for my trips.  especially if i go back east.  apparently you all take great pride in the fact that no one can find anything! 

where did you get yours?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 04:54:19 pm »
Hi Kathy:

I bought mine at Best Buys, it sold for the same price at Circuit City, but the BIG DIFFERENCE was the extended warentee:

The Garmin C-550 was $499.00 at both stores.

Circuit City 2-year warentee $129.00
Best Buy 4-year warentee $49

and $80 and additional 2 years was worth the extra 3 mile drive :)

I love this thing, clicking the screen to answer the phone or make a call is awesome, the MP3 sounds great and "Upcoming route change info" pauses either with a one second buffer - announces the changes and returns to the call or mp3 music.

Now if someone will get me a hack to break the code on my downloaded audiobooks so that I can convert them into mp3, my wife will have the PERFECT car device. Those audiobooks use Mediaplayer Authenticity Secure technology and won't allow format changes. I'm sure someone has a hack, I'm not shy to use one, that's for sure.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 06:42:51 pm »
if they do, i have not found it.  i had to buy a new mp3 player to use the audio books.  i curse microsoft often.  i have to download mine through windows media player.

thanks for the info.  that's a better price than the garmin site.  i'll check around here and see what i find.  NO TAX!!  that's the only think this state does right...and they have road signs  ;-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 07:14:10 pm »
Konasdad.  You guys are so lucky to be living so close that you can get together for get to gethers.  Have a wonderful time, wish I could be there too.  Have a wonderful day and great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 10:20:47 pm »
I will be here no matter who attends. Just finished exrtacting one hive's worth. About 4 1/2 gal w/o filtering cappings. I will go into hive tomorrow and rotate some drawn extracted  frames as flow is  still on and I want to make room for brood as hive is a little honey bound after being queenless for a while. Future nucs which are being made this weekend will also need some drawn frames. I will also pull the second hive for anyone who attends. Understudy chose my house b/c of extracting over Philly cheese steaks and bar hopping. i will put him to work. I am sure I can learn something from him and hopefully beemaster. Uncapping skills could use some improving frankly. I feel like I'm butchering the foundation. Psyched about the opportunity frankly to have a few people over to assist who know more than I do, which is very limited.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 10:34:39 pm »
Kathy:

I found many hacks today - search for DRM hacks (but be warned, none seemed to work as "user friendly") so I found a program called TUNEBITE (www.tunebite.com) which doesn't HACK or CRACK but it takes MANY TRACKS (based on your pc's ability) and plays the 3X or 4X normal speed as they record in mp3 or other chosen media.

I'm converting an audiobook now - nine sections, each about 1:hour 15 minutes long and it is recording them at 3X speed - the entire book should take about 2 hours, which means an audiobook in WMA using DRM security is played really fast and then slowed down to perfection for playback in mp3 (or whatever your file choice) and ready to upload to mp3 player.

I think it best to just do it near bed time and wake up with a book ready for uploading to the player.

It cost $24.95 - I just bought it and am converting my first full book now - the DEMO only allows 1 minute samples to be converted. But this program works, is legal and I'm not sweating the 2 hours conversion time (say 3 hours for long audiobooks) I'm just happy to 1) have a format my wife can now play on her GPS, 2) I can easily play one my mp3 players and 3) save WITHOUT worrying about expiration dates.

Hope that helps, give the demo a try - It solves my proble, finally - I sure like this, slick looking interface too :) I did pretty good in my shopping and searching today - sweeeeeeet  :-D

anything