Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to Bee-Line  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
How to Bee-Line
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:57:10 am »
Has anyone had any success doing a bee-line when looking for feral colonies?  I read a little about it in the ABC's & XYZ's of Bee Culture and found it pretty interesting.  How would you transfer a feral hive to a man made one?  When I was finishing my bee yard today (no bees yet) I saw tons of honey bees and bumble bees flying around and I know for a fact that there's not a single beekeeper in my area for almost 8 miles.  So there's got to be feral hives somewhere.  Is it worth looking for?

Thanks again guys!  This forum rocks!!!

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: How to Bee-Line
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:21:03 am »
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:12:48 am »
It has been discussed many times

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=8093.0

Sorry, should have checked the archives.

Sean
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline GerryL

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 07:05:48 pm »
Good Luck Sean! Hope you get your Bees this season.
Gerry L

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 03:13:49 pm »
Good Luck Sean! Hope you get your Bees this season.

Thanks Gerry!  Yeah, I'll be getting my bees on the 14th or 15th from a local company near my house.  Pretty excited.  For a while there I was thinkin that I would have to find my bees in the woods.  :-)  Still sounds kinda fun though.  I've read a little bit about Bee-lining in ABC's of Beekeeping and maybe I'll have to make myself a bee-line box and give it a try this summer.

Sean

anything