Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Veil Repair  (Read 4505 times)

Offline GuerillaBeek

• New Bee
    • Guerilla Beekeepers, LLC
Veil Repair
« on: April 21, 2011, 01:52:10 pm »
Does anyone out there know of any tips or tricks (or someone who does repairs) for fixing torn netting in an English style veil? I've got a couple of Dadant suits (V01180SIZE) with ripped veils. The suits are fine but I'm tired of duct-taping the holes in the mesh and around the stays. It just doesn't look professional to roll up to a client's house covered in duct tape. I do a lot of cutouts and it's hard on veils.

I don't like the pith helmet types for a number of reasons, so please don't suggest that I start using that type.

Thanks!

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Veil Repair
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 02:31:29 pm »
One can never have too much duct tape.  That said, there’s not a fabric much cheaper than tulle at the fabric store.  It’s usually about $1.00 a yard, or less.  That would make a lot of repairs if you know how to run a sewing machine.  You might even be able to use some fabric glue to glue the tulle in place, however I've never tried glue on tulle. 

The mesh in my bee suit isn’t exactly the same as wedding tulle, but I think you could use tulle as a replacement.  Just an idea.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 03:00:39 pm »
If the hole is not in your line of site just glue it

Offline forrestcav

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 02:15:09 pm »
glue or a good whip sitch
Just a beek trying to get ready for winter.