Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: cleaning extractor  (Read 8348 times)

Offline Kimbrell

• House Bee
Re: cleaning extractor
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 10:49:32 am »
The household steamer I used after cleaning my extractor is supposed to sterilize it.  I wonder if the heat is high enough to also get rid of any spores or disease present.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 01:20:16 pm »
The household steamer I used after cleaning my extractor is supposed to sterilize it.  I wonder if the heat is high enough to also get rid of any spores or disease present.

Just for the sake of information.  Steam may steralize stuff.  Correct.

AFB spores survive boiling temperatures.  Burning temperatures will kill the spores, and flame is considerably higher than boil temperatures.  Sorry, these are facts.  Have a great and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 09:41:50 pm »
AFB is in the air only time it is of danger to contamanat is when it is sporelating-dormant and encapsulated spores -are just part of microbiology it is every where -where do you think it came from -maybe some kind of mutation idunknow? :lol: RDY-B

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 09:33:33 am »
 :) :) :) Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 09:04:02 am »
I am new at beekeeping and dont know if this will work.  I am a beer and wine maker and use oxy-clean to safely clean stainless with no residue.  Its a percarbonate cleaner that cleans with oxygen.  Fill the contain with hot water and add the appropiate amount of cleaner and it starts bubbling away. If there is any questions about this look at any beer making forum and search for oxy-clean 

Offline Kimbrell

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2007, 07:24:09 pm »
Thanks, danno...  That's something I might try this spring when I am getting all my equipment ready.  Get all the dust and anything nasty lurking in there from the winter storage.  I'll check the websites you mentioned for full instructions...

anything