Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Heading for home.  (Read 1462 times)

Offline rookie2531

• Field Bee
Heading for home.
« on: August 02, 2014, 04:21:50 pm »
I went out to just watch the entrances and noticed, a dark cloud in the distance, with thunder roaring and a cool breeze starting to blow. And just as I was thinking of them getting caught out there in bad weather, they rolled in. It was a scene I wished I could have caught on video. An awesome site as they wasted no time. Everybody in like they were all foraging out there in the same spot.

Offline LaurieBee

• House Bee
  • I'm loving bees today. Interested in learning.
Re:
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 04:24:33 pm »
What a site that must have been.

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
Re: Heading for home.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 06:04:45 pm »
I have noticed that, too!  It is quite a site!  Works better than our local weather channel!

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 06:17:11 pm »
And that's one time you do NOT want to open the hive. They will make you think AHB are as docile as house flys in comparison.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Wolfer

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 08:34:48 pm »
And I can attest that what Iddee said is not theory!

In the late afternoons during the spring flow I'll often set behind a strong hive and watch the bees coming in.
I believe this is what the sky looked like at pearl harbor on dec 7 1941

Offline Diogenes

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 12:21:11 am »
Yeah,

Had storms this morning. I was checking on a pair of splits (filled feeders) when the cloud flew in. Reverse swarm. Was indeed a sight to behold as the swarm of "bee bullets" flew in ahead of the rain.

I'd have been happier if "Matilda-the-hun" hadn't chosen that moment to express her displeasure at the weather by "pinking" my neck.

8-)

"Inflation is the one form of taxation that can be imposed without legislation." - Milton Friedman