Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Buckfast Gentle?  (Read 5841 times)

Offline biggraham610

• Field Bee
Re: Buckfast Gentle?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 02:23:32 pm »
Im satisfied with my open mated VSH granddaughters from Mike Haney at Ridgetop.

Indeed!  I bought 5 of Mikes queens to try this year.  I am impressed so far. If they make the winter well I will be ordering more, as well as making daughters.

Yep, Mikes a straight shooter and his Queens are great. His Queen overwintered in a single deep for me. The Double full of Honey perished with a full box above em. A package Italian. I will probably get a few in the spring. Order early. Good Luck OldMech. G :chop:
"The Bees are the Beekeepers"

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 06:31:15 pm »
      I did look up the laws since this post the way it look to me Queens can only go one way Canada to the USA. Maybe I need to read some more to see if the is right or no and hives of bees either way.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
That's strange that a hive of bees can travel in either direction but a queen can only go one way. I guess that's the sort of thing that happens when government gets involved.

:embarassed:  I see I missed a word sorry no hives of bees can travel either way.

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline derekm

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 01:48:49 pm »
      I did look up the laws since this post the way it look to me Queens can only go one way Canada to the USA. Maybe I need to read some more to see if the is right or no and hives of bees either way.

That's strange that a hive of bees can travel in either direction but a queen can only go one way. I guess that's the sort of thing that happens when government gets involved.

:embarassed:  I see I missed a word sorry no hives of bees can travel either way.

so how do they stop swarms crossing the border? or drones ?
Do they use patriot missiles or F16s?
If they increased energy bill for your home by a factor of 4.5 would you consider that cruel? If so why are you doing that to your bees?

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 03:02:18 pm »
so how do they stop swarms crossing the border? or drones ?
Do they use patriot missiles or F16s?

If they're illegals, they're amnesty.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 06:11:05 pm »
        When I was a kid migratory beekeepers only went north to south like Florida to New England or Texas to the Dakotas or Califonia to Washington and then you have a lots of the Canadian beekeepers would come to southern USA for the winter.

In 1988, Merrimack Valley Beepunchers AKA Merrimack Valley Apiaries became the first commercial outfit to ship bees to California from Florida and South Carolina for the almond pollination.

I did work for Andy Card Sr. in the early 80's in Billerica Massachusetts.

http://mvabeepunchers.com/pollination.html

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:41:36 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/