Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Olive Branch MS warning for Alabama Boy  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
Olive Branch MS warning for Alabama Boy
« on: March 15, 2012, 06:46:28 pm »

This is for the Alabama boy that Olive Branch MS lady is about to beg to do the removal for free.

If she tells you she couldn't find anyone to do it I quoted her 250 give or take and mileage. She told me she found a guy in Alabama she would see about getting him a place to stay I thought really God help that boy. To be under 250 + mileage she must want it for free if she is willing to get him a hotel room. I should have added a room into my price its 125 miles from me.

Nice house too bet its worth 200k.

I don't know if you even come to this site but if you do don't let her take your time like that bees are too cheap I will give you some. Now don't the rest of you start signing up for free bees I just feel bad I know she is going to tell him no one will remove those bees and I don't want him having to do removals for bees.

I need to set a base price for distance if you are 100 miles from me its 500 bucks. I had 4 phone calls for bees in my lunch brake.

I know some folks might not like me posting things like this but it is a warning because first words out her mouth was I have talked to tons of beekeepers and no one seems interested would you be willing.

Offline jaseemtp

• House Bee
Re: Olive Branch MS warning for Alabama Boy
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:02:19 pm »
Well it aint me, but I agree with you.  Your time is worth something, that may be a different amount to each person but it is worth something.  Add to that the increased risk of injury...
"It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!" Zapata

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »
She is lying methinks.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 12:20:08 am »
Took a swarm from a multi million house yesterday...an hour away. At first the guy tried to get me to do it for free. After we talked a bit he was willing to pay $60 for it and (since I was going to be in the area anyway for another job) I agreed. Once he saw how much I put into it and how long it took he gave me a $70 tip.

Most will tell you that they are soooo broke they can't afford it or that they'll just call an exterminator (that charge $250 and up...sometimes waaaay up) to try to get you to "save" the bees. It's been my experience that it's all BS in the end.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 12:27:54 am »
You guys are some real troopers.  X:X X:X X:X

I’m not sure I would enjoy bees anymore if I had to deal with people expecting free removals every day  :(

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 01:05:16 am »
yeah there are all kinds  out there.i deal with people that go on gator hunts and spend 5-6thousand to kill one and try to talk me into doing it halfprice  on your quote you give them.jp had the best story while doing a cutout a  lady stopped and asked him how much do you pay for taking a hive out of her house. :jawdrop:         .....schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 11:07:15 am »
yeah there are all kinds  out there.i deal with people that go on gator hunts and spend 5-6thousand to kill one and try to talk me into doing it halfprice  on your quote you give them.jp had the best story while doing a cutout a  lady stopped and asked him how much do you pay for taking a hive out of her house. :jawdrop:         .....schawee

You are kidding, right?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 11:28:07 am »
I've had plenty of people ask me what I'd be willing to pay to come get their bees.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 11:50:26 am »
hardwood....you charge for swarms? 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 01:41:06 pm »
Yes but only to cover gas/equipment.

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline GWDawg1

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 02:07:10 pm »
She called me, I turned her down, and told her not likely to get anyone to do an extraction for free. 

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 04:36:36 pm »
gwdawg

are you the one in amory

first on the list dude??

Offline GWDawg1

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 08:48:06 am »
gwdawg

are you the one in amory

first on the list dude??

That would be correct.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 09:31:37 am »
Its true Yockey. I was standing beside my truck taking a break from a pretty good sized removal & this lady passes by. Her eyes get kinda big as she's ogling my Honey bee removal sign. She stops for a minute and asks me how much I would pay her to remove two hives she had living in her home. I responded that she had it the other way around & would pay me to remove her well established colonies. She had this dumbfounded look on her face & said "Oh" & went on her way. You just never forget something like that.

I've also had people ask me how much I'd pay them for the honey their bees made that are living in their house.  ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 09:35:41 am »
The attitude of entitlement! Just never ceases to amaze me.