Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Titusville cut out part 2  (Read 2673 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Titusville cut out part 2
« on: October 28, 2010, 06:28:01 pm »
OK, here's part two showing the strangeness of the Titusville bees from hell! First the swarm (I'm still not sure what to thing of it. I vacuumed the bees and later found a apparently mated queen in the catch box)

It's a little embarrassing how I reacted to the stings, but man these stings HURT!!!

Peggy stopped the video as the attack started....we both were really torn up in the end. I took 60-70 stings in the first minute or so!

Titusville cut out part 2_0001.wmv

I couldn't get my head into the crawl space with my veil on so ended up smoking them so hard I was worried about the fire department showing up and vacuumed away.

By the time we were finished with the cut out there were only a dozen or so bees left in the tree, the rest were dead on the ground (or my truck).

I don't know why they were soooo mean. They had lots of stored honey and nectar. A strong flow was on and they were queenright.

The only explanation I can come up with is that they were......dare I say it......Yep, AHB....alien honey bees. The shuttle must have brought them back?

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Titusville cut out part 2
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:15:45 pm »
Could you tell if the dead bees on the hood of your truck were missing their stingers?   Maybe they lost them on you or each other.  I like the term alien honey bees.   More PC in today's world.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:47:16 pm »
Allen, we looked hard and long at those bees and didn't see any prob at all...no sign of fighting or stinging. It was as if they just didn't want to go so bad they just gave up the ghost.

Of course I don't know what to make of the little purple robes and nike sneakers they were wearing...nor the empty kool= ade packet :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:03:00 pm »
 :-D  Funnnny.

Another thing, You're more of a man than I, in the first minute, if I got stung more than 10 times, I would have gone for the gasoline.  I meant to say that earlier.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 10:59:49 pm »
Euthanasia on site wasn't an option here. The owner (90ish and suffering from a touch of dementia) was adamant about keeping the bees alive. I took them away before doing the "deed". Poor thing kept coming out, unprotected, to ask if we needed anything..."Water? Bathroom?" even with me constantly telling her that these were mean bees and to stay back. I was dreading a lawsuit at that point!

These bees were so mean that Peggy got stung INSIDE her nose about 50yds from the colony...dropped her to her knees right quick.

I tell ya, if you ever want to get out of an argument with the wife just shove a bee up her nose!

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 11:21:59 am »
I bet some body sprayed them or messed with them or both. To die like that they had to have got into some thing.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 07:39:05 pm »
i guess i am just sadistic enough to enjoy you rubbing that crome dome, but dang scott that peggy ant got nothing going her way lately; bless her heart. give her a hug for me
to bee or not to bee

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 12:32:13 am »
Two possible scenarios come to mind.

I'm wondering if the area where the first hive was, was sprayed with some kind of chemical and the mean hive proceeded to rob out what was left of the honey and were thus poisoned.

My other guess, albeit remote is that the tree was sprayed beforehand for some pest like caterpillars and the bees were poisoned when they took to the tree.

Man, when you were getting popped, just sitting there, I was yellin' at my computer "Get up and run Scott!"  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 08:17:34 am »
It's a little embarrassing how I reacted to the stings, but man these stings HURT!!!

NO its NOT and YES they Do

Like has been Said GET away from them, to hell what it looks like

they may need to be *Dawned

Tommyt

*( Deadly Wash out :-D)
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln