Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from Kansas  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Mikew

• New Bee
Hi from Kansas
« on: August 11, 2009, 10:37:17 am »
My name is Mike,I live in south central KS. We have a place in the country with lots of flowers and garden. About 10 days ago an old cottonwood tree fell that has a hive in it that has been there at least 5 years.I don:t know much about bee keeping but willing to learn. We" enjoyed having the bees on the property as we have a lot of flowers and clover and plant a lot of flowers to attract bees and humming birds.Any guidance I can get would be appreciate.With winter coming I know I need to protect the hive until I can get it moved into a hive box. Mike   

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hi from Kansas
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:28:25 pm »
Hello and Welcome Mike
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:30:26 pm »
Welcome Mike. You are in the right place to find answers to your questions. Good Luck with your bees.
Bobby

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 12:03:27 am »
You might want to start another topic with the title more in line with your question.  Something like "Hive in tree, need help"

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 09:55:34 am »
Mike, welcome to our forum, great you found us.  What a great thing to have that hive in the tree.  I bet by now you have that bee colony hived in a box.  Stick around.  This will be a place where you can lean on us for helping you out, you can learn many things here.  You will also have a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences -- and make new friends.  You will soon find out how deeply you will be held under the spell of the honeybee, we all are, we are in deep, and so will you be, smiling.  Have a most wonderful day, a great life with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 06:07:04 pm »
Mike, welcome aboard,hope you enjoy your time here at beemaster. There are alot of great folks here that are always willing to help out.
Since it looks like you are diving right into beekeeping feel free to ask questions and get the guidance you need.
The search button is your best friend. You can get a wealth of information just surfing all the back threads here when you have some down time.
Best of luck with the bees.

anything