Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What happens in other websites aka how to make moderators sweat.  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Okay This topic is about bees and pollen. However this thread may give Beemaster a heart attack and I don't need to worry about him changing his meds on my account.

Today since I am sitting home recovering from being the palm beach county largest producer of snot I was doing some websurfing. I read reddit.com. It's a nice site and a tamer version of fark.com. However the weird are everywhere and sometimes pretty interesting. Once you get past the haze.

So this was the question on reddit:
Can bees make honey from the nectar of a marijuana flower? If so would it have
THC in it?

Which also led to this thread.
I was just wondering the other day; would bees that had access to cannabis plants make interesting honey?

So now I am not someone who indulges and I believe the threads answer the question because of the difference between male and female plants. However let's get some people who are beekeepers not necessarily consumers of Acapulco  finest. Some may be experts on both.

The question is if the field was big enough and has the male plants what would the honey be like and would there be a legal issue with the content? Most raw honey contains pollen when extracted. The amounts however may be minuscule.

Has some got a defib machine close by for Beemaster?

I will completely understand if this question is moved to another section. However I want a copy of the ventrilo call that goes over this one.  :evil:

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: What happens in other websites aka how to make moderators sweat.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:37:22 pm »
I know nothing about cannabis, but some of the best honey ever produced is from poison ivy. From it, no cases of reaction have ever been reported. If that is any indication, I would say cannabis honey would not contain any illegal drugs.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline mlewis48

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 05:13:42 pm »
 I hope that this thread does not go " Up In Smoke" I would like to see the answers that come to it. I do not  smoke pot but it is one of the largest cash crops in this part of Ohio and without a doubt there is some plants in and around some of my outyards. This honey would give a new meaning to "buzz"!
" Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get"

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 05:14:47 pm »
I doubt the THC would stay potent enough through the honey making process. You would probably need barrels of the stuff to have a high enough THC load. But again that is a guess at best.

Keith

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 05:48:33 pm »
I've had angel's trumpet honey and I felt fine, no green ferries floating around in my head. :lol:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline irekkin

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 10:37:16 pm »
that's what i like about this board. i'll have a question and all i have to do is read a few posts and i get some answers. i had wondered the same thing about bees and cannabis. i would think that if there was any significant thc content in the honey it would come from the necter gathered off of the female plant.not that i know much about it :roll:
when you're dumb, ya gotta be tough.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 11:06:57 pm »
so it's like kiwi?  male and female plants.  which do you smoke?

did not know about the poison ivy.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 11:14:49 pm »
I never really thought about it before, but do bees work cannabis flowers at all? They don't look like what would be attractive to a bee, and they are reportedly wind-pollinated.
If bees do indeed work them, I would think that the chemical process that nectar goes through to be turned into honey would alter the chemical component of cannabis nectar and render whatever drug composition it has inert. I dunno. Just rambling while I ponder. :)

Offline irekkin

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 11:31:05 pm »
so it's like kiwi?  male and female plants.  which do you smoke?

did not know about the poison ivy.

the female plant is more potent, especially if it goes unpollinated
when you're dumb, ya gotta be tough.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 11:35:06 pm »
ISNT the nectar of cannabis of a resin consestance kind of like sap from a pine tree-if so i would gusses that they make propolis from it-and isnt the pollen wind born type-like grass  :lol: dont think they work wind born pollens -but i have heard of bees used as a treaspas deterant in remote locations  :) RDY-B

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 01:10:31 am »
My bees never mess with it...The pollen is sooo fine that itdoes blow around by mild breezes,I dont think the bees like the skunky smell anyways...On another note....The thc actually has to reach a certain temperatuer before it becomes Psychactive...The plants are sticky, sort of making a person think of propolis,,The smell may even be a deterrent to bees getting near it...bees dont like skunks or there smellls coming around. To make honey that makes you high you'd have to heet up the honey to about 160 degrees, preferably in real butter and fine ground martijuana,...This could cool as a tub of butter...Just spread the butter on your bread and watch what happens! This is the best way for cancer patients to try and feel better while going thru treatment

Well,....this is what Ive been told! ;)

your friend,
john