Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: a noticable amount of dead bees around my hive.  (Read 9631 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Re: a noticable amount of dead bees around my hive.
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 11:48:29 pm »
Ok, If I can only get that chant"Bring out the dead" out of my head I may be able to start thinking again! Esp. with the "CLANG!
 Man, This is like a cartoon!
  Anyways.....(As the "Fish" quietly giggles.....)
 I had the same problem as you Hopeful with my topfeeders. I was actually fishing out the live bees every few hours, and at the same time slingin' out the dead ones. Once I figured out about the white pc. not being down all the way that ended my problems with dead drowned bees.
  Ok Dane, you can continue with the "Funeral March of Bees"!
  Some things just REALLY crack me up!
 Yalls friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 11:43:30 am »
Utahbeekeeper.  Ha!!!!  I like the part in your post about the 6 pound rock.  I love rocks, rocks are my baleywick and I have a rock pile that is getting bigger and bigger and bigger.  I just have to wait for the rain to wash off the dirt off new my rocks I have been gathering, then I can pile those rocks into another pile and then pile them onto my big rock pile.  It is a great landmark for the bees in my apiary, hee, hee.  Yes, I do go off topic, digress, and probably annoy the daylights out of some people.  Have a wonderful day, best life, we just almost had a power failure.  Oh no!!!!  The snow, the snow, the snow.  Better post this before we really do lose the power!!!  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 03:49:12 pm »
dane, have you read Year Of Wonders?  pretty good story.

Have not.  Is it as hysterical as Monty Python's Holy Grail?  ;)  j/k - I've added it to my reading list (looks good)! 

Offline babyphatt455

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 08:55:12 pm »
looking at this second page no one would have any idea what the main topic would be. HAHA.

But if I could get back to the subject real quick here....  :)
So it will be okay to just pure dry sugar on the inner cover and that will help emergency feed them?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 09:34:56 pm »
yes.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline rantcliff

• New Bee
    • Antcliff Farms
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 11:00:14 pm »
I also just went through a pile of dead bees outside the hive.  However, today it warmed up and the bees came out and cleaned up quite well.  I have a couple of pictures on my blog.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 09:46:54 am »
Rich, I looked at your blog, nice, you are doing a good job.  I think that blogs are great, it is a great way of record keeping of your events with the bees, and letting people into your little part of the world.  That is commendable, and yea!!!  good for you.

Our Linda here has a wonderful blog too.  She is a teacher, that shines through and she loves to experiment and show us (and anyone that visits her site) how she does stuff.  It is a great place also to spend some time, yea!!!  Rich, good to see you join our forum, welcome again, and keep on keepin' on.  Wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline rantcliff

• New Bee
    • Antcliff Farms
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 08:31:42 pm »
Yes, I love Linda's blog - I have learned a lot from her videos.

Thanks!

Offline CWBees

• House Bee
    • CWBees
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 08:44:10 pm »
Towards the end of last winter I made up Fondant patties for the bees and they worked great. You can place them onto of the cluster and keep the bees from starving if that is a problem.
A swarm in May is worth a bale of hay.
A swarm in June is worth a silver spoon.
A swarm in July isn't worth a fly.