Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: honeyflow and wierd weather  (Read 1340 times)

Offline tig

• House Bee
honeyflow and wierd weather
« on: December 06, 2007, 07:53:10 pm »

i was so excited when the wild sunflower went into full bloom and the girls started hauling in the nectar then a cold front hit and its been raining for several days :(.   now i'm having to feed the boxes again but because it's a stop/start scenario, i have to regulate the feeding and giving small quantities each time which makes it a pain.

the wierd weather has created havoc on my schedule with bright, sunny days lasting 4 to 6 day and the bees gather a lot of nectar.  then its followed by a week of rain and that means feeding some to stave off starvation.  we've really been having very wierd weather and i blame it all on global warming!

Offline Bennettoid

• House Bee
Re: honeyflow and wierd weather
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 08:49:20 pm »
No honey this year- Drought.

Offline Hopeful

• House Bee
Re: honeyflow and wierd weather
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:55:12 pm »
>>>>>we've really been having very wierd weather and i blame it all on global warming!<<<<<<

If it helps, even the scientists that believe in the global warming theory say that it means the world will heat up a whopping 2 degrees in the next hundred years. You might be comforted to know that we had the hardest winter in 40 years last year followed by the wettest/coolest summer in history (nearly 50% above normal rainfall)....oh, and the year before that we had an 18 month drought, with a period of no rain for over four months and scorching hot temperatures...in December! Yes, the weather is wacky, but the earth has its cycles.It is in transition, nothing is static. The ice caps were once melted, and then an ice age built them up, and now are melting again....and later another iceage will refreeze them....followed by another melt. Enjoy the ride!
"And this is life eternal...." "John 17:3