Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My pretty Carniolan bee  (Read 3138 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
My pretty Carniolan bee
« on: October 17, 2007, 12:24:22 am »
Just a cool picture I took of one of pretty little girls.  Have a beautiful and great day in our wonderful world.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Re: My pretty Carniolan bee
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 01:46:14 am »
Bonita bee.
It seems so chubby and crunchy.

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 06:13:15 pm »
I love the look of Carnies.  I love bee pics in general.  Fabulous combination.  Makes me wonder about this picture...what kind of leaf is that?  What does she think she is going to accomplish by sitting on this leaf?  Give her a good swift flick in the butt and tell her to go make you some honey!   :-D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 10:57:37 am »
bassman1977.  That bee was taking a rest I think.  She was sitting on the leaf of a Borage plant, the leaves this time of year get those spots on the, I call them rust, some kind of fungus I would venture.  Or she could be just plain and simply a lazy girl, hee, hee  :)  Have a wonderful and beautiful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 12:21:57 pm »
Look at that bee it is eating your leaf just like a caterpillar.  ;)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 10:48:25 am »
That bee is trying to repair the leaf a caterpillar ate a hole in. Cindi had been very nice to this bee when they were in a dearth by giving them some special sugar and kisses and now the bee is trying to return the favor .
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 11:10:33 am »
JP, awe, now wasn't that a beautiful thought that you put into our minds, I think that you are surely right, she knows, our bees must know that we love them too  :) ;)  Wonderful day, beautiful life, love our lives we live.  Cindi

anything