Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nails it.  (Read 186 times)

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Nails it.
« on: August 15, 2017, 12:47:32 pm »

I know we have a video section, but pretty sure this belongs here.  I love that he dissects groups all the way down to their roots.  I look forward to reading this book.
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: Nails it.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 06:13:50 pm »
Political parties have always changed through the years and they always will.  Just look at the republican party.  It has three conflicting platforms.  Fascism is fascism you can find it in any political party and almost all religions.  I like how the Indian separates southern democrats from northern democrats.  I got a chuckle out of that.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 07:28:54 pm »
 I like how the Indian separates southern democrats from northern democrats.  I got a chuckle out of that.

I feel this comment is extremely offensive and should be deleted by the moderator.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:38:02 pm »
I feel this comment is extremely offensive and should be deleted by the moderator.

yes, but I am not into censorship.  These kinds of comments serve as a window into the thinking of a person.  Sometimes that's more valuable than avoiding offense.
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 03:29:09 pm »
There is certainly a huge difference in values, attitudes etc. between northern and southern democrats.  Maybe not as big as it was from the Civil War up until the 70s or so, but it's still a pretty big gap.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline eltalia

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 04:02:31 pm »

yes, but I am not into censorship.  These kinds of comments serve as a window into the thinking of a person.  Sometimes that's more valuable than avoiding offense.

Wholly agree... an' tis universally so.
Just yesterday we in Aussie had a window opened into this
politician's (loose use) mind ;
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-17/pauline-hanson-wears-burka-to-question-time-in-the-senate/8816886

... thought of as liberating the complexities of G'mnt by some, her
true agenda runs hidden by glib catch phrases - or not so glib, often.
Yesterday the window blew open and there it is, what it is.

.. my two bits.

Bill

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 09:36:47 pm »
There is certainly a huge difference in values, attitudes etc. between northern and southern democrats.  Maybe not as big as it was from the Civil War up until the 70s or so, but it's still a pretty big gap.
What the Indian from another country doesn't realize or maybe he does, is that our system of government is flexible.  Political parties change their platforms based on what THEY think will give them votes.  They are like putty when it comes to taking a stand.  He should write a book about what is wrong with India.  For eons of years they have been ruled by someone else and they can't fix it.  One of the problems is they hate all their neighbors.  The smart ones want to come here even with Trump president.  They are smart in one respect ... they know Trump will be crucified with his alignment with white supremacist so all they have to do is lay low until he is gone.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it