Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Looking for a little Hydralics help here.  (Read 6395 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Looking for a little Hydralics help here.
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2019, 08:54:52 am »
I really suspect the problem is that I mixed different hydraulic fluids together and this is what happened.

I am not a tractor expert or chemist but I agree.  Some tractors don't even use hydraulic fluid they use regular motor oil because it is also a lubricant for everything and the oil pressure is low not high.  I would go to a John Deer dealership and pick their brains.  You really need information for the tractor you have and the dealership has it.  I have never found a dealership that would give you bogus info.  (Service department not sales)
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 08:00:55 pm »
One quicksuggestion, look at the boots on the gear shift.  they may be leaking, this is very common.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2019, 08:53:46 pm »
One quicksuggestion, look at the boots on the gear shift.  they may be leaking, this is very common.

That?s right Paus, usually the culprit.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2019, 08:15:23 am »
Thanks, I will do that.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2019, 08:18:58 am »
Thanks for all of the suggestions. As well as opening all of the drain ports, I also plan on opening all of the cylinder connections and drain the cylinders and hoses and take the oil in to let the experts look at it.
Thanks again.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin