Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Why Do Classic Vehicles Cost So Much, Is Simple...  (Read 209 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Why Do Classic Vehicles Cost So Much, Is Simple...
« on: April 24, 2024, 11:41:22 am »
Are you interested in older vehicles? This fellow explains why, in his opinion classic vehicles cost so much. Parts, paint, hours spent, etc. This seems to be a popular hobby these days. Have any of you attempted to restore an older vehicle?

Very short clip...
https://youtube.com/shorts/IPY0BOQ1C9U?si=-hkRpzCi9iUg41NR
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
Re: Why Do Classic Vehicles Cost So Much, Is Simple...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 11:44:30 am »
I don't restore them, I just nurse them along and I have always been of the opinion that it would be cheaper to just buy one that someone else restored, as long as the work was good.

Online animal

• Queen Bee
Re: Why Do Classic Vehicles Cost So Much, Is Simple...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 12:57:30 pm »
first car.. acquired and started on it when I was 14. Drove it for years and never considered it "finished" .. a '61 Austin-Healy 3000 . Doesn't run right now, but maybe I'll get around to restoring it after I'm done paying for kids.  :cheesy:

btw ... "beast" is a different car, a modified 1954 BN1 rust bucket with a 302 Chevy and a B&M hydro-stick trans. Next version of it will be a blown 400/400 turbo .. have motor, blower and trans. but a lot of work ahead
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 01:21:39 pm by animal »
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

anything