Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey house trailer  (Read 2762 times)

Offline sethreign

• New Bee
Honey house trailer
« on: April 16, 2015, 05:10:29 am »
My Grandpa bought a mobile lab from the state a few years ago and no one has bought it yet wich is wierd becuase we have sold many before. It is a 24x8 foot fith wheel style trailer. Since it was a lab it has easy clean floors, a large generator built in, ac, thick walls and steel doors with giant door bar locks, 2 stainless steel counters with double sinks, and is full of outlets. The over hang at the front is 7 feet of the 24. I want to make the 7x8 space at the front like a little room to rest durring work and sleep at night. I want to use the 17x8 space in the back as a honey house. I figure I can keep both counters since they are in the back and put the equipment against the wall without the door. The set up I have designed could be able to handel up to 150 hives and it could be increased with a bigger extractor.  I figured this would be a good idea due to I can put it where I need it and it can supply its on electricity and water needs. I will try to get a drawing on here to better explain it. bye :D
Creativity is the spice of life

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
Re: Honey house trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 10:16:18 pm »
Wish I had one. d2

Offline Richard M

• House Bee
    • Onsite Assessments Tas
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 02:51:33 am »
My Grandpa bought a mobile lab from the state a few years ago and no one has bought it yet wich is wierd becuase we have sold many before.

"You've got a lab for sale?"

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 10:29:06 am »
Once you have it set up, you can advertise custom extracting. Drive to the keeps house, extract for him/her and then drive to the next one! No moving supers half way across the county.. extract and they slap the supers back on the hives.
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.