Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Adobe "CRASH" Player  (Read 3442 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Adobe "CRASH" Player
« on: April 12, 2015, 01:40:15 am »
Whether I use Explorer or Firefox, several times a day (especially when watching Youtube) Adobe Flash Player crashes, sometime not allowing me to refresh and go back where I was.

I believe I notice it more in FireFox, but I have the latest versions of all the software and it never gets better, now I see quirkiness when changing video to full screen, it will pause the video instead of just full screening it and when I hit the play button, it resizes to a small image - not every time, but often.

Anyone else having issues. I don't use many add-ons, and the problem exist even when all add-ons are disabled as well.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Adobe "CRASH" Player
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 01:42:13 pm »
I'd try reloading Flash player.  If it occurs in both browsers, I'd suspect a glitch in Flash rather than the bowsers.  At any rate, it won't hurt to reinstall Flash, right?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 02:04:33 pm »
I'd try the Chrome browser. I think it has the flash built in and keeps it updated better. I never use IE anymore, but  then again I am using Linux Mint most of the time. Sometimes I use the hard drive with windows 10 beta on it, but still stay away from the IE browser.
 Hopefully removing and reinstalling may help.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 10:01:13 pm »

Linux Mint user also Ken, not having any problems.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 01:44:24 pm »
I'm running chrome most of the time these days and it crashes there as well.  I think Adobe flash player has gotten pretty unstable lately...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Diogenes

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 07:45:50 pm »
There is a multitude of flash exploits out there. Adobe's quick fix for many was to "crash" the player.

HTML5 players will make the "crash" player obsolete soon enough and good riddance.

:cool:
"Inflation is the one form of taxation that can be imposed without legislation." - Milton Friedman

anything