Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Apiculturists from Iowa  (Read 1447 times)

Offline OjaB

• New Bee
New Apiculturists from Iowa
« on: June 14, 2018, 03:35:13 pm »
Hello. My grandfather and I started a hive about 18 months ago in rural Iowa in an attempt to revive his aging fruit orchards. That was highly successful, as we received a bountiful apple/pear/plum harvest within the first year of installation. Now that our initial goal is complete, I have some questions about how to continue on with honey collection/production.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: New Apiculturists from Iowa
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 04:19:39 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster. This is the place to ask questions.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 04:30:42 pm »
Welcome.  You might read some of the archived questions, answers and discussions (arguments at times) on the site and see if you find answers to your questions -- and questions that haven't yet occurred to you -- on the site.  Most of us start out with the same bewilderment and are still asking questions after years of dealing with bees.  Nobody has all the answers.  Beware the advice of anyone who thinks he does have all the answers.  Some, though, come very close and you'll soon
see the respect their opinions are given.  Most everybody tries to be helpful and respectful, though.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 11:12:01 pm »
Welcome  :happy:

anything