Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Change in Bee Behavior  (Read 1040 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
Change in Bee Behavior
« on: March 21, 2017, 03:47:26 pm »
Early in the year the bees were taking flights and it made the hive look busy because they just kinda stayed close. Now I see a lot of bees coming and going but they are not staying that close. Was what I saw earlier in the year orientation flights?

Offline Aroc

• House Bee
Re: Change in Bee Behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 04:35:59 pm »
More than likely or cleansing flights if had been cold for awhile.  I can say up here a few weeks ago they were doing the same but it was still below freezing.  Many did not make it back to the hive. You could sure see where they had been though simply by looking at the snow.
You are what you think.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:55:18 pm »
Thanks. Now they are just making honey now hard and fast. We are still approaching peak clover but it is popping up more and more each day.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:01:55 am »
bw, I was out checking blooms over the weekend, some of the privy hedge is fixing to start they have some blooms not quite open yet.  Dew Berries have been blooming for some time and wild black berries are blooming too.  Some of the huckleberries that had bloomed but due to cold and rain shed are blooming again. Some of my clovers are blooming also.  Things will be blooming all over in a little.

Joe D

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 10:15:09 am »
Yep same here. The older pear trees around my hives are in full bloom right now.

anything