Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: "OLD JOHN". How long since you heard this sound?  (Read 1875 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
"OLD JOHN". How long since you heard this sound?
« on: October 02, 2023, 10:40:38 pm »
My uncle had one, I still like to hear them run.

https://youtube.com/shorts/LXICqNyhSJE?si=DVvSfkjXpmfjC5Aa
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: "OLD JOHN". How long since you heard this sound?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 08:32:10 am »
The flywheel starter was always fun...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 12:22:35 pm »
I had a 40 wide front, a 40 tricycle front, and an M. all johnny poppers.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 10:44:22 pm »
   I drove one of every work day.. For about two years... The tractor was bought brand new.. This was like six years ago.. I worked on Fence line for cows.. The farm I worked on had about forty miles of fenceing.. This Tractor is still on the job.. LOL

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 11:36:26 pm »
Jim I think you meant sixty years ago? My family had a couple of those too. I still like to hear that pop pop pop pop ----pop pop pop pop.... Wonderful tractors..  You could add a long belt and grind grain, making your own livestock feed also with these tractors...

I drove one of every work day.. For about two years... The tractor was bought brand new.. This was like six years ago.. I worked on Fence line for cows.. The farm I worked on had about forty miles of fenceing.. This Tractor is still on the job.. LOL

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.