Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Master Chief and the Master Gunnery Sergeant  (Read 1786 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
The Master Chief and the Master Gunnery Sergeant
« on: February 10, 2016, 07:57:49 pm »

The Master Chief and the Master Gunnery Sergeant

Two old friends, one a Marine and one a Sailor meet in a bar one day.  They began to discuss which of them had had the more difficult and dangerous 30 year career.

The retired Marine Master Gunnery Sergeant begins: I graduated from High School and the next morning I was on the train for Parris Island, South Carolina. Following Boot Camp I found myself in a Regiment assigned to the Iwo Jima assault. With my fellow Marines we fought our way to the top of Mount Suribachi.

In Korea I was with Chesty Puller at Inchon, then we fought our way toward the Yalu River. In the cold Korean winter we fought at the Battle of Chosin Reservoir, I ended my career after Viet Nam where I spent 3 months in the Battle of Khe Sanh after stomping through endless rice paddies.

The Navy Master Chief looked him in the eye and took a long draw on his bottle of beer and said simply:

Well, it figures, all shore duty.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Switchback

• House Bee
Re: The Master Chief and the Master Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 10:04:33 am »
As a ex Navy Gunners Mate that sums it up.
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking." J. C. Watts

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 01:09:04 pm »
I like it.
Retired Navy Electronics Technician.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Gunny-T

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 01:10:16 am »
HAHA!!