Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Carrying in church  (Read 11857 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Carrying in church
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2017, 01:57:53 am »
As I understand it, the tipping point was when there was an allegation that the girl children were being subjected to sexual abuse.  Then Janet Reno gave the order to move in.  Last time I looked, the acts alleged were not federal offenses, but she gave the order based on that allegation.  So the result was that whether or not the children were being molested, they were killed by military forces as a result of Attorney General Janet Reno's orders to engage the "enemy" at the compound. 

Where is the outrage of "*****lives matter" or some such?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2017, 10:50:09 am »
>... there was an allegation that the girl children were being subjected to sexual abuse.

Allegations that had already been made and investigated and found false before the whole incident.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2017, 11:13:39 am »
David Koresh was the one they really wanted and the weapons issue in the compound may have been legit.  Koresh was often out of the compound along with his LTs, so they could have picked him up at any time.

Reno was a complete idiot and apparently, everyone around who might have given her advice were idiots also.  I don't think we saw such a string of CFs from any AG ever, although the Obama AGs managed to come really close.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2017, 12:22:59 pm »
>... there was an allegation that the girl children were being subjected to sexual abuse.

Allegations that had already been made and investigated and found false before the whole incident.

The state of Child Protective Services in Texas at the time put their findings in question, if that agency was the one investigating.  It is still badly in need of an overhaul, but may be better than it was at thst time.  They would find problems where none existed in one place and in another find everything just fine, only to have a child murdered in a home they had found to be okay.  Which is not to say Reno didn't drive her tanks in needlessly.

And yes, David Koresh was frequently seen in Waco, shopping or whatever.  It was a major governmental fiasco that resulted in 4 ATF agents and a total of 82 Branch Davidians being killed after a 51-day siege of the compound. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944