Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Non-animated gifs  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
Non-animated gifs
« on: April 01, 2006, 08:46:39 am »
Here's a question someone might be able to answer:

Why do none of the animated gifs "animate" on my laptop?  They move on every other computer we have around here, old and new, but not on my Gateway laptop.  Other media functions seem to be impacted, too, but since I don't use them a lot, it's kinda hard for me to quantify them.  Am I missing a dll or something?

-- Kris

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Non-animated gifs
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 01:51:14 pm »
Check your firewall settings.  Some block animated gifs as ads.  If your using zone labs, it is on the main tab of privacy panel.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Non-animated gifs
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 03:42:23 pm »
Kris:

Just curious if this on works - it is a banner image at www.ebaumsworld.com and EVEN THOUGH IT IS SMALL, it is a pretty cool illusion, definitely one of the best looping gifs I've seen.

And NO.... I promise not to add this to my Donations link  :wink:
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Non-animated gifs
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 06:47:34 pm »
I thought of some OTHER problem (well more of an tweaking issue) which I have to deal with.

I'm finding that MORE and MORE programs are coming at us in the form of toolbars, Yahoo, Google, MSN are just the start - then there are hundreds of programs (many shareware or freeware) which also place toolbars on top of the web page viewing area.

I find Google's toolbar helpful, especially the spell check which has made ME look a bit smarter with my often complex sentencing. At least with the spell check, search field and some other features (including RSS constructing) their toolbar is pretty nice.

But if I were to activate them all, I'd have no viewable screen. I have a program (a painting and image manipulating program) that has a link in the toolbar allowing you to move an image right to the paint program by a single click.

The big topic I'm reading everything I can on is RSS (Really Simple Syndication) which I first heard was called really simple system, but any ways - we have all used it before if we setup a personalized news, stock, weather, etc. feature in Yahoo or Google personalized homepages, but now it seems to be more user adaptable and something that was mentioned many months back to me by someone here as an option to share Beemaster Radio and any updated website content. I can't wait to learn how to make the MOST of that.

What it could allow YOU to do is simple have a link on your desktop or toolbar and ANY NEW CONTENT is automatically compiled from this (or any site using RSS) and you get the content in a page self-constructed for your reading pleasure - all without having to even come here if you choose.

It is a good thing because it keeps my sites material ALWAYS coming at you as long as new content is created, rather than you having to actually come to the forum and look for new stuff. You get all the updates, and have a much greater chance of always Beemaster material - which in the end increases your chance of returning anyways :)

There is some neat stuff out there, I sure hope to see all these new and exciting feature make all our lives easier and our computer time more slim-lined to increase productivity.

Now.... Let's see how that spell checker works :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything