Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newbie from Jervis Bay  (Read 1586 times)

Offline pawel_knychas

• New Bee
Newbie from Jervis Bay
« on: November 01, 2018, 11:10:59 pm »

Hello fellow beekeepers,

My name is Pawel and I live in Jervis Bay on the south cost of NSW. I run an organic veggie/fruit garden.

I knew I was going to get bees once I finished landscaping my garden. I designed the whole garden around native fauna, especially insects, reptiles and birds.

My bees got a custom planted bush around 6 metres from the hives consisting of 25 mixed eucalyptus trees, 25 Australian jelly bushes, jacaranda, paper bark trees and macadamia tree.
There are also heaps of strawberry plants, over 100 raspberry bushes, blackberries and a multitude of other native shrubs, bushes and flowers. Not to mention beautiful bush land and parks of Jervis Bay.

I bought two top bar hives with two bee packages and had them delivered last Sunday. I installed my bees straight away and thankfully they are doing well. We experiencing very hot weather now with unusually warm nights which I think helps them.

They like their beehives, queen is out and there is heaps of traffic in and out.

I checked them today through the window and was very surprised that they have already built almost two full size combs in 5 days! I am so happy and excited. Anyway that?s all I could see, there might be more. Can?t wait for a milder weather spell with no wind to actually open them up and inspect properly.

Also attached some pictures of my setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Re: Newbie from Jervis Bay
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 12:51:41 am »
Welcome  :happy:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 06:42:34 am »
Welcome to Beemaster. Nice start.
Please add your location to your profile.

Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Beelab

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 08:27:08 am »
Nice tb hives. Hope all goes well and you will love your bees as I do.
Congrats to a good start!

anything