Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Painted some boxes  (Read 1933 times)

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
Painted some boxes
« on: February 08, 2020, 02:42:49 pm »
Got some new feeders so figured I clean up some other boxes and get a fresh coat of paint on it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:57:09 pm by jtcmedic »

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Re: Painted some boxes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 03:59:55 pm »
 Oh wow, that is a lot of boxes, to me anyway.  Ya been busy.  Looks nice, neutral color. Spray painted no less,  I still use the ol hand brush.

Health to your bees.

Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 04:34:55 pm »
It was the what?s left in the garage color  :grin: and had the sprayer so figured I?d hit all the extra then switch some around for next year and clean them up. Hope this is the color of splits

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 04:56:29 pm »
JT beautiful building in the background.  I?ll bet you have fun.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Kwalt

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 05:02:07 pm »
Looks good. I?ll be painting when we get another warm weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 06:07:10 pm »
JT beautiful building in the background.  I?ll bet you have fun.
Thank you it is our simple pole barn we keep the bee supplies in it gonna rock the floor soon hope to one day have a tractor,it will come, my wife likes it and I have the backdrop of her Garden
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 06:52:31 pm by jtcmedic »

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 06:28:01 pm »
Nice J. As others have said I like the color. So far I have not repainted any of my boxes. (Still Newish) I am thinking next season I will rotate and dig into this maintenance venture lol . I used a spray rig when I painted my new boxes. What did you do about the re-painting the top and bottom edges of these boxes. Or did you?
Thanks,
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 06:49:59 pm »
Nice J. As others have said I like the color. So far I have not repainted any of my boxes. (Still Newish) I am thinking next season I will rotate and dig into this maintenance venture lol . I used a spray rig when I painted my new boxes. What did you do about the re-painting the top and bottom edges of these boxes. Or did you?
Thanks,
Phillip
Didn?t paint tops or bottoms.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 09:19:12 pm »
"Didn?t paint tops or bottoms."

I appreciate your reply jtcmedic. Just to clarify, and you may have understood and answered accordingly, I was asking about painting the top and bottom (edges) of the boxes themselves, not the tops and bottoms of the hives. Was this the meaning of your answer?
Many Thanks
Phillip   
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 09:56:40 pm »
Yes painted them stacked I find they stick and chip off more with them painted on top and bottom

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 10:52:53 pm »
Jtcmedic. I noticed the ground underneath your boxes. You can spray paint the grass green all you want, but it won't make the spring come quicker. :wink:

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 12:08:52 am »
jtcmedic I would like to share something with you.
Cao once told me. "I have a block of beeswax that I rub on the edges of my boxes.  It keeps the paint from sticking."

Several of us discussed ideas on the exterior painting subject a while back titled:
Painting a hive's exterior
" on: May 23, 2019, 11:25:32 am "
If you take a few minutes to check this out (if you haven't already) you may find this helpful and interesting.
Best Wishes,
Phillip

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:41:37 am by Ben Framed »

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 08:04:44 am »
jtcmedic I would like to share something with you.
Cao once told me. "I have a block of beeswax that I rub on the edges of my boxes.  It keeps the paint from sticking."

Several of us discussed ideas on the exterior painting subject a while back titled:
Painting a hive's exterior
" on: May 23, 2019, 11:25:32 am "
If you take a few minutes to check this out (if you haven't already) you may find this helpful and interesting.
Best Wishes,
Phillip

I will thanks

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 08:06:20 am »
Jtcmedic. I noticed the ground underneath your boxes. You can spray paint the grass green all you want, but it won't make the spring come quicker. :wink:
I?m in Florida always spring.  :grin:

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 06:18:19 pm »
Played around with a stencil today I think it turned out well