Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ah, yes, the beauty of the Cranberry field  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Ah, yes, the beauty of the Cranberry field
« on: January 16, 2008, 10:42:38 am »
We were going to Vancouver the other day, of course I had my camera in tow.  I thought that I would share a picture of the beauty of the cranberry field that I saw.  The berries were harvested probably around October, but the beautiful vines remain.  Cranberry vines have foliage that is pretty much almost the same colour as the berry, beautiful.  These leaves on the vines are tiny, little leaves, a very fragile looking plant, but oh so tough.  When the time comes for the berries to be harvested, the field, which has been dug down so that it is low, is flooded.  The berries float to the top and they are machine harvested.  Watching this operation is fascinating and a lovely sight to see.  Picture those yummy cans of cranberry sauce that we have for our dinner tables, now picture where these come from...it is an amazing process.  Have a great and wonderful day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Ah, yes, the beauty of the Cranberry field
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 11:01:51 am »
Nice picture! And I bet the harvesting is quite a thing to behold. Just think what it would be like to hand pick all those cranberries!

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything