Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cinema Homage to Vintage Beemaster  (Read 4369 times)

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee
Cinema Homage to Vintage Beemaster
« on: May 26, 2021, 11:41:59 pm »
Netflix is running  a Turkish movie "Kovan" or "Hive" in turkish - "Keeping the Bees" in English.

Slow but pleasant movie about returning to country life.  And at minute 18:14 what do they show? Vintage Beemaster Forum!

Thanks and kudos for keeping this site free of advertisements for a looooong time ! !
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 11:58:29 pm by FloridaGardener »

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee
Re: Cinema Homage to Vintage Beemaster
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 11:57:23 pm »

Some accuracy, more than usual for movies.

My most pressing questions:

How did her bee suit stay clean and is it because Caucasian bees do not make propolis?

Why were the hives only one box deep? Maybe they harvested with a tablespoon? That's why the people were all so fit & slim?

Who coached them on the CGI beesrobbing scene? Doesn't look like that....

How did she get WiFi in the boondocks to read Beemaster?  I struggle with Verizon in suburban Florida.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 02:45:06 am »
Good post....
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 05:37:02 am »

Even in Australia we've got satellite FloridaGardener. Lack a lot other things but not satellite !  !
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 07:41:37 am »
Geoff, My 'good post' comment was coming from the idea that a movie might have contained beemaster in it. The rest I paid no attention to. I should have said interesting post instead. My apologies, By not watching the movie, I did not realize it was made in Australia or any other detail of the post or the movie. I only saw beemster was listed and was commenting on that and that alone. I still haven't watched it. 
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.