Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My daughter's first hive inspection  (Read 4286 times)

Offline JurassicApiary

• House Bee
My daughter's first hive inspection
« on: March 19, 2020, 05:31:17 pm »
My oldest daughter who is 10 insisted that she wants to help me with hive inspections, so I got her a kid-friendly veil/upper.  Here's a photo from her first encounter with the bees a little while back--her confidence is amazing!

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: My daughter's first hive inspection
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 07:48:39 pm »
That is super awesome!  I wish my little sisters would come up to the hives with me more often.  I've been talking to my one sister about it and she's interested, but she needs to get up the courage to actually take the plunge. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline JurassicApiary

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 02:52:39 pm »
It's nice to share the experience with her.  Her younger sister (7) is beginning to show interest as she hears her older sister talk about it.  Perhaps they'll both be helping me in the future.  :cool:

I hope your younger sisters will one day join you!

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 04:16:35 pm »
I showed this thread to my sisters and they love your username.  They are really into Jurassic Park right now.  They want me to ask you who your favorite character is from the original movie.     
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline JurassicApiary

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 09:24:50 pm »
My favorite character from the first movie is Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum).  Here's a view where our home/apiary is and why I chose this as our Apiary name (and my username).  They filmed many scenes from the Jurassic Park movies about 15 minutes away from us along these same mountains.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 10:35:39 pm »
My favorite character from the first movie is Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum). 
That is the correct answer!  :cheesy:  My sister loves Jeff Goldblum, ever since she first saw him in Thor: Ragnarok.  She is a ridiculous Thor fan. 

Here's a view where our home/apiary is and why I chose this as our Apiary name (and my username).  They filmed many scenes from the Jurassic Park movies about 15 minutes away from us along these same mountains.

That is amazing!  The topography of your mountains is so interesting.  Very primitive looking.  They look nothing like our mountains around here.  Amazing how different mountains can be.       

anything