Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: mask stuff  (Read 792 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
mask stuff
« on: April 21, 2022, 06:26:56 pm »
Wasn't going to start a new thread, but I think it's important to hotwash this stuff so we don't get stupid the next time around.

https://www.city-journal.org/the-failed-covid-policy-of-mask-mandates

There's tons of good stuff in here and the thing about Japan is kind of interesting.  The mask thing in Japan goes way back and I didn't know they have therapy for it   :grin:  I always thought it was kind of weird when I was there, but to each their own I guess.
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: mask stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 07:19:28 pm »
Good information Kathyp, glad you posted it. Next toile they start this up again, we need to bring this up.

Jim Altmiller

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 08:10:43 am »
Florida had a mask mandate.  Florida has a mild climate so the effects of winter are far less then northern states because people spend more time outside.  Florida also has snow birds that were welcomed got infected and returned home for treatment.  Travel spreads disease.  Masks are an important step in controlling the transmission of air born disease.  The policies of each individual state are secondary to the actions of individual people.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 12:46:48 pm »
Ace, you keep clinging to that mask thing.   :grin:  Never give up a security blanket in the face of facts!
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 08:47:06 am »
Ace, you keep clinging to that mask thing.   :grin:  Never give up a security blanket in the face of facts!
Think of how safe it would be if air lines used the emergency oxygen mask for everyone all the time.  No way for the guy next to you to infect you with anything instead of breathing in their exhale.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 12:09:55 am »
Wasn't going to start a new thread, but I think it's important to hotwash this stuff so we don't get stupid the next time around.

https://www.city-journal.org/the-failed-covid-policy-of-mask-mandates

There's tons of good stuff in here and the thing about Japan is kind of interesting.  The mask thing in Japan goes way back and I didn't know they have therapy for it   :grin:  I always thought it was kind of weird when I was there, but to each their own I guess.

Thanks Kathy.....
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2022, 10:48:19 am »
No one likes to admit they were wrong.  Don't expect them to react differently when something else comes along.  Nevermind that the science is that the masks are only useful for things like dust.  I remember I was at a the home of a Pulmonologist the day that Covid made the news  back in 2020 and he said the masks were useless based on what we ALREADY knew.  New we have a few dozen more studies that show the same results...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 08:26:24 am »
Wachter has long pointed out that anyone who wants to limit their chance of catching COVID-19 can easily do so by wearing a well-fitting N95 when they go out in public, with or without a mask mandate. It?s rare for physicians to catch the virus while wearing N95 masks, he told SFGATE, even when interacting with patients who have tested positive.
You didn't read this?  Probably but you tend to ignore the facts.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 11:12:27 am »
You didn't read this?  Probably but you tend to ignore the facts.

And you didn't read all of it, did you?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2022, 12:29:57 pm »
Have you ever worn an N95?  Do you know the protocol to wear one effectively?  Do you have any idea how difficult they are to breath through?  Do you know how worthless any other mask is?
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline beesnweeds

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 10:49:43 pm »
Most boring covid story:
Rarely wore a mask unless I had to.  Never got the shot.  Finally tested positive last fall and hit the treadmill for 3 days. Fever was gone and I went back to work on day 4.  The End.
Everyone loves a worker.... until its laying.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 11:53:26 pm »
Rarely wore a mask unless I had to.  Never got the shot.  Finally tested positive last fall and hit the treadmill for 3 days. Fever was gone and I went back to work on day 4.  The End.

That's the way it went for most people.  I got sick last year while traveling, but didn't really realize I was sick until I got home.  All the symptoms, but all so mild that I had chalked it up to travel fatigue until I realize I had a fever.  The funny thing is that the most likely place for me to have been exposed was in the airport or on the plane where everyone was masked  :cheesy: