Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beeswax Wraps  (Read 7862 times)

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Beeswax Wraps
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2022, 11:26:16 am »
We finished up our cornbread yesterday, so I cleaned one of the wraps for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.  There were some crumbs and butter stuck on the wrap from the cornbread, so I used a little dough scraper (a spatula would also work) to gently scrap off the obviously bits of bread, then I wiped over the wrap with a lightly soapy paper towel, and it seems completely clean.  I was then able to just flatten it back out with my fingers so it's ready to go for the next container.  I'm extremely happy with how they are working so far.  I'm thinking we are going to be making some more here pretty soon so we have enough sizes for all our bowls and pans. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Beeswax Wraps
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2024, 06:46:32 pm »
I made a bunch of beeswax wraps today, enough for everyone to use them for sandwiches when we hike or spend the day at the lake, plus a big one to fit our largest bowl.  I really like these things, I gotta say.  I've been using the first ones I made for a couple of years now, and they have held up really well.  I also refreshed my most frequently used one, because the wax mixture was starting to wear off, and it looks good as new.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.