Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: share your infused honey recipe !  (Read 2522 times)

Offline adamant

• House Bee
share your infused honey recipe !
« on: October 07, 2014, 06:51:13 am »
if you have a infused honey please share! any flavor

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
Re: share your infused honey recipe !
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:49:24 pm »
When making creamed honey I put about 1 part to 10 seed and a heaping tablespoon of cinnamon per total pounds.  Adjust from there.  Very popular item for my honey sales. 

Offline Bakersdozen

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 08:32:01 pm »
I have made habanero honey numerous times.  I chop up about 4 habaneros per cup of honey I slowly heat on the stove , being careful not to destroy all the good stuff by warming it up too much, until I get the desired heat.  I then strain the honey.  People love it.  At Thanksgiving, the teenagers were eating it on the turkey.

Offline Bee-Haven

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 09:13:33 pm »
I have made habanero honey numerous times.  I chop up about 4 habaneros per cup of honey I slowly heat on the stove , being careful not to destroy all the good stuff by warming it up too much, until I get the desired heat.  I then strain the honey.  People love it.  At Thanksgiving, the teenagers were eating it on the turkey.

Would you be willing to share the actual recipe for this? My family loves spices stuff so this would be a special treat.
Talking to people will often come with more stings than talking to bees.

Offline Caroldahling

• Brood
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 01:36:53 am »
I have long sought a way to preserve the scent of gardenias. No luck with oils or tinctures, but with honey?  Oh yes. That delightful scent is perfect! 
I also enjoy adding a single madagascar vanilla bean and a real cinnamon stick to a jar. Perfect every time. The cinnamon is just strong enough to use for a lip plumper or in tea.

Offline Dmrauch

• New Bee
  • 2016. Year 1. Hives 1
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 05:47:02 pm »
@Bakersdozen

4 habenaros per cup of honey

Do you leave the habenaro in the honey or strain it out?

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 02:21:59 pm »
4 Haberneros per CUP?!?! seriously? I make salsa...and I use like 2 habeneros off my bush per GALLON to make what is considered "hot" salsa.....The capsacian oil must diffuse way differently in the honey than it does in the salsa.

For those interested in a "heat" comparison...Not all peppers pack the same punch. In 1912, chemist Wilbur Scoville developed a measure of the ?hotness? of a chili pepper called the Scoville Organoleptic Test. A pepper?s pungency is measured in multiples of 100 units and refers to how much sugar-water was needed to dilute the pepper to a point where the tasters could no longer taste (feel) the heat.

Sweet bell pepper ? 0 units
Jalapeno ? 2,500 to about 8,000 units
Cayenne ? 30,000 to about 50,000 units
Red Savina Habanero ? 350,000 to about 577,000 units
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 04:45:09 pm »
 My favorite is honey infused with honey... :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 04:16:23 pm »
Agreed MB ;-)
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

anything