Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 61 Hours - A JAck Reacher Novel, by Lee Child  (Read 6935 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
61 Hours - A JAck Reacher Novel, by Lee Child
« on: January 16, 2011, 02:16:55 pm »
I can't say how many Jack Reacher Novels I've listened to via audiobook - the Reader Dick Hill is thought to be synonymous with Jack Reacher. I only know one other person (Lou Caiou) who read a Reacher novel.

I'm just starting this one, been waiting awhile as I finished up other stories, but if you never read any of Lee Child's stuff, he is right there with the Tom Clancy's and Robert Ludlam's in the modern day warfare type tales.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
Re: 61 Hours - a JAck Reacher Novel, by Lee Child
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 06:08:48 pm »
After listening to you and Bud today, you have almost got me talked into a Kindle.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
Re: 61 Hours - a JAck Reacher Novel, by Lee Child
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 12:41:56 am »
K9:

Thought we didn't get to talk much, great to see you in Ventrilo!

I started writing the whole story out about the Kindles, I guess I never posted it and it got closed or something. I'll have to do a follow up in my Kindle post.

I give it way thumbs up, having the locations to download tens of thousands of full novels as we do today, and good software like that Calibre Ebook Software, any ebook machine would be nice, but I love the features, clarity and other stuff talked about - and with the lighted leather cases, they have a good thickness to them and feel like a book in your hand.

I haven't had time to read in 12 years or more, been doing audiobooks mainly, but I'm finding sometime to read again, even if its mainly the dozen or so national new papers waiting for me each morning. If you ever need details, you likely say the link at least to the Kindle 200 page user guide in pdf and Calibre (pronounced like a bullet term) and see the power of these tools.

Great Youtube Videos on each, I'm a big fan of searching Youtube first, look for real reviews and people's feedback. Always find what I'm looking for too - gotta love Youtube.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline phil c

• House Bee
Re: 61 Hours - A JAck Reacher Novel, by Lee Child
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 04:45:47 pm »
I love the "Reacher" books! 61 hours was great! I think I've been through the whole series.
AMC cars, Jeeps, Mineapolis Moline Tractors, Bees, More stuff than I have time to play with

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 09:58:44 pm »
We "read" an audio book every trip we take, and it's almost always a Lee Child book read by Dick Hill.  He has the unique ability to voice both feminine and masculine characters in a believable way, and the Jach Reacher books are great.  The other author whose work we really like is Michael Connelly. 

My only disappointment was casting of the movie role of Reacher. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline minz

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 10:45:31 pm »
Going to Sweden in spring so tring some audio learn the language books.
Poor decisions make the best stories.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 12:20:35 am »
Good luck with that.  I've never tried those.  A guy I knew in college said he learned Swedish in Sweden by reading newspapers.  I never could figure how that would work.  I guess we all learn things differently.  I have enough trouble trying to speak Spanish.  I think in English, I guess.  Kids have a good shot at shifting between languages.  I had cousins from Venezuela that spoke 7 langages and knew a guy from Ukraine that tested for 17 languages in the Army -- he had no idea he knew all those! 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 01:13:23 am »
Definitely a Reacher fan here!  They are pretty much the only non-technical stuff i read.

I wasn't thrilled with the movie casting either, but if you ignore the size details it wasn't too bad.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 10:33:10 am »
Definitely a Reacher fan here!  They are pretty much the only non-technical stuff i read.

I wasn't thrilled with the movie casting either, but if you ignore the size details it wasn't too bad.

Have you read/listened to any of the Jonathan Maberry books, read by Ray Porter? I am a Dick Hill fan, but Ray Porter out reads Hill in every book. Maberry's character Joe Ledger is a special ops guy thrown into situations where labratory made wearwolves, zombies and other creatures need special forces to intercede of pandemics of these creatures could infest the world.

They aren't your typical zombie/vampire books - these are genetically designed creatures by the high order of Illuminati and Masonic like organizations and devised by the evilest of people.

There is nothing cornball about any of these stories and Ray Porter brings the stories to life with the best cadence in an audiobook.

Here is the Joe Ledger series of books at Audible - clicking on any of the links you'll see a link to play each book for 4 or 5 minutes. I strongly suggest anyone in the mood for a well written and perfectly read audiobook to check out these.

http://www.audible.com/series/ref=a_lib_c3D__vsml_1_5?asin=B006K1PMAG

anything