Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: also looking for bees  (Read 6276 times)

Offline Lesli

• House Bee
also looking for bees
« on: June 09, 2004, 01:42:30 pm »
Hi!
Looking for a swarm, a nuc, what-have-you in the Ithaca/Cortland/Elmira/Corning area of NY.
Lesli

Offline JamesWard

• New Bee
also looking for bees
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 11:25:46 am »
Lesli,

I have a swarm box with swarm lure in it at my home North of Cortland.  I also have one at my parents in Lodi.  I can keep you posted if you'd like.  I am actually working on an idea (still in my head) about starting Nucs in my basement this winter.  My dad has the plans for 5 frame Nucs and says he is going to make me some, so all I will need to do is provide the frames and foundation.

I currently have 2 hives up and running.  Hive #1 I just added my 2nd hive body to (from a 3 pound package).  Hive #2 is a recent acquisition, but I bought it as a 5 frame Nuc and it is doing nicely.  Both came from http://www.buckeyebee.com/ Who were the only ones who still had bees when everyone else was out.  You might want to try them and see if the have anything still.

Peace,
Jim
Support our troops, NOT Their Leader!!  BUSH MUST GO!!!

Anonymous

also looking for bees
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 11:37:47 am »
Quote from: JamesWard
Lesli,

I have a swarm box with swarm lure in it at my home North of Cortland.  I also have one at my parents in Lodi.  I can keep you posted if you'd like.  
... Both came from http://www.buckeyebee.com/ Who were the only ones who still had bees when everyone else was out.  You might want to try them and see if the have anything still.

Peace,
Jim

Thanks, Jim. Please do keep me in mind.

I contacted Buckeye Bee yesterday, but haven't heard back. They still have nucs.

Offline JamesWard

• New Bee
also looking for bees
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 11:53:27 am »
I have found in my own personal experience that Buckeye does not readily respond to email questions or phone messages.  IF you left them a message or emailed them, I'd try calling them back a few times until you actually get a real live person!

Peace,
Jim
Support our troops, NOT Their Leader!!  BUSH MUST GO!!!

Offline Lesli

• House Bee
also looking for bees
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 04:43:50 pm »
Quote from: JamesWard
I have found in my own personal experience that Buckeye does not readily respond to email questions or phone messages.  IF you left them a message or emailed them, I'd try calling them back a few times until you actually get a real live person!

Peace,
Jim

Oh, great. Sigh.
Lesli

anything