Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Something different ! !  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Something different ! !
« on: May 28, 2021, 06:56:48 am »
You know your a bogan if...

There are more than 7 McDonalds wrappers in your car.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

salvo

Re: Something different ! !
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 07:40:20 am »
Good eye, Mite

Sal

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 06:37:14 am »
   You took me there Salvo, I'm just a normal (? ) Aussie. I've got 2 of them   !  !

And here's one to go with,  "Nice haircut mate, did you get run over by a lawnmower ? "

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

salvo

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 08:18:21 am »
Hi Geoff,

Nope! Rise up lights! (How Aussies say razor blades).

I once dated a Sheila.

Toy me kangaroo dan spot!

Good eye, mite.

Daniel Undah

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 08:27:00 am »
Accents can sound a bit different or funny to others which are from other areas than their own which may speak the same language. I remember the old Hee Haw TV shows and reruns. Archie Campbell had a segment where he would state a phrase or word in Southern Slang and then define what it "meant".  :happy: Similar to your description of the difference of english accent as compared to other english speaking places. The show was a big hit nationwide. We all laughed together.
 :grin:

.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 09:02:21 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 01:06:51 pm »
I am an accent connoisseur.  I love hearing how different people from different parts of the world talk, not only the words they use, but their mannerisms, and the subtleties about how they communicate.  Sometimes I go over to the Australian boards just watch how you Aussies talk.  Australian English seems more fun than any other dialect!  :grin: 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

anything