MEMBER BULLETIN BOARD > GREETINGS/TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

New member in VA

<< < (4/4)

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: AustinB on May 20, 2021, 01:17:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ben Framed on May 18, 2021, 11:21:34 am ---Austin, I want to welcome you here as well. Sorry it took me so long. I actually thought I already done so until I read this heading. You have a nice family. How long has it been since you last kept bees? Glad to have you here!!

--- End quote ---
Thanks Ben its good to be here! Very kind of you, my family is my life! We homeschool all 3 (4th is still too young) I spend a lot of time with my kids, hiking, fishing, hunting, and learning things together, not the least of which are now bees! Its been many years since I have been beekeeping, probably almost 20 years now. I have been wanting to get back into it and kept putting it off. When that beautiful swarm showed up in our field on a little cedar tree 1' off the ground, I decided it was time haha! I now have 3 occupied hives, and I'll be doing a trapout or cutout here soon on my neighbors chimney. Trying to get them all built up strong so that we can overwinter successfully in this crapshoot VA weather. Next year I'm hoping to harvest a decent crop of honey.

--- End quote ---
Oh homeschooling is just the best.  We are a homeschool family as well; I'm the only kid who ever went to public school and only through 2nd grade.  I've graduated from homeschool student to homeschool teacher now.  :happy:  It's amazing how learning just becomes a part of life when you homeschool.   

AustinB:

Oh homeschooling is just the best.  We are a homeschool family as well; I'm the only kid who ever went to public school and only through 2nd grade.  I've graduated from homeschool student to homeschool teacher now.  :happy:  It's amazing how learning just becomes a part of life when you homeschool.   
[/quote]

That's great! Myself my 3 brothers and my baby sister were all homeschooled, so its very normal to me. I agree, learning never stops in a homeschool family, its a passion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version