BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

Where to get Australian packages for export

(1/2) > >>

specialkayme:
I've continuously heard people talking about ordering packages from Australia to have them delivered in the Us. The more I read about it, the better the idea sounds. You can get a package of bees that haven't been affected by CCD in early February instead of getting it two months later in April or even May. That gives me a very big jump start, even to the point where I could get honey from a package the same year I install it.

Only problem, I can't find anyone who is selling packages in Australia that is available for export. Anyone know of a supplier?

bfriendly:
I have only ever heard of them going to CA for almonds, as a last ditch effort to not loose pollination contracts.  Earliest you may be able to find packages -starting about the2nd/3rd week of march out of tx.

SlickMick:
I may have found a starting point for you to follow up. This link is to an article that identifies an exporter Terry Brown from Mendooran and an importer in the States. http://www.nswfarmwriters.org/starprize/bees_part2.pdf gets you the article. There are 2 T Browns in the phone book from Mendooran however these may not be the T Brown who has anything to do with bees

Brown T(02) 6886 1446
36 Abbott St
Mendooran NSW 2842

Brown T(02) 6886 1445
38 Abbott St
Mendooran NSW 2842

I hope this helps

Mick

specialkayme:

--- Quote from: bfriendly on November 09, 2009, 03:50:49 pm ---I have only ever heard of them going to CA for almonds, as a last ditch effort to not loose pollination contracts.  Earliest you may be able to find packages -starting about the2nd/3rd week of march out of tx.

--- End quote ---

While getting packages the 2nd or 3rd week of March would help, it wouldn't really give me much of a jump start as opposed to getting one on the 1st or 2nd week of April. It is a start though.

--- Quote from: SlickMick on November 09, 2009, 05:17:02 pm ---I may have found a starting point for you to follow up. This link is to an article that identifies an exporter Terry Brown from Mendooran and an importer in the States. http://www.nswfarmwriters.org/starprize/bees_part2.pdf gets you the article. There are 2 T Browns in the phone book from Mendooran however these may not be the T Brown who has anything to do with bees

Brown T(02) 6886 1446
36 Abbott St
Mendooran NSW 2842

Brown T(02) 6886 1445
38 Abbott St
Mendooran NSW 2842

I hope this helps

Mick

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info Mick. I'm currently at work so I'll save reading the article for later, and contacting those individuals for more information when I can. A step in the right direction, and I like it!

SlickMick:
I dont know when they start to export here but bear in mind that February is still summer over here and I would not be surprised if exporting to the warmer US states was starting by then

Mick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version