ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

How many organic gardeners are on this forum

(1/4) > >>

firetool:
:roll: Hi,

I am useing wide, raised beds this year they are covered in mulch. I just plant trought the mulch. I have given up tilling the ground. This changes up the soiles eco. system to much.If you cover with mulch the ground stays moister and the worms have some thing to eat. The worms are what airerate the soil for me and they leave worm casting. Each year I also put a layer of rabbit munnare before we put the mulch on.

If any body would lke to know more I would be happy to talk more with you. If I can answer any questions fell free to ask!

Yall have A good day,

Brian

Kirk-o:
Great Idea I read a book by a gal named ruth stout called the no work no
weed garden talks about the same thing I'm useing lots of mulch
kirk-o

Beth Kirkley:
We have two gardening styles. One is by growing things in a home-made hydroponic system.

The other is to plant in a little plot of earth next to the greenhouse. I love the mulch method, and raised beds. We had a raised bed at our other house, but left the boards behind. At our new gardening spot, we made a composting bin, so as we get some of that actually composted, we'll use it in the garden. Getting my chickens and goats will help with the compost. So far it doesn't have any manure in it (the composting bin).

I don't know if our planting method could be considered organic or not. I guess not for the hydroponics. We don't use pesticides in either garden method, but the hydroponics of course uses a water soluble fertilizer for the nutrients. I love using the hydroponics. It's so much easier to Plant, Care for, and Harvest. Not only that, but it uses less space, less water, and everything grows so much better.

Beth

Horns Pure Honey:
In the last few years I have gone away from all chemicals, we deep till and plant in wide but closely spaced plants. bye :D

Lesli:
A few years back, I started composting with red worms, and now that's the only fertilizer I use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version