BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > STICKIED POSTS

Howto: Administer an Epinephrine Shot

(1/15) > >>

Understudy:
http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Administer_an_Epinephrine_Shot

You may find this helpful if you need to deal with someone who is allergic to bee venom.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

tlynn:
When I was in college I studied with a professor who worked with social insects, mostly ants, some bees.  He had a couple of hives on the roof of the biology dept.  One of his grad students went up to help him one day and she got stung.  Her scalp started to tingle and she began to get short of breath quickly.  Immediately he grabbed her and they rushed downstairs.  Fortunately the hospital was 5 minutes away.  By the time he got her the car, she started to black out.  They got there in time and she recovered fine.  Back then there were no epi pens. 

annette:
I have 2 on hand, but I would still be very frightened to actually have to use this on anyone. I guess given the alternative, I would have to. Thanks for the info. Always good to read up again and again.

Annette

JP:
Brendhan, you did the site an important service with this post, great job and kudos!

...JP

thomashton:
Good info.

Anyone who's been in the military and gone through chemical warfare training should know this too. The difference is that we are trained to self administer and to give as many as three doses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version