Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Working the blackberries!  (Read 5057 times)

Offline Spear

• House Bee
Working the blackberries!
« on: May 19, 2014, 12:43:49 pm »
I need a better camera but I snaped these pics of the girls working the blackberries down the road from their stand.

Offline beesNme

• House Bee
Re: Working the blackberries!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:33:03 pm »
i thing they know where your about to take the pic and move   lol

Offline Variable

• House Bee
    • Two Little Ladies Apiary Hive Data
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 01:20:19 pm »
So cool! Our blackberries are just starting to bud around here. Should have open blooms in the next few days (weather permitting). There is a apple or cherry tree just down the road from me. I was walking past it last week and notices a LOT of bees in the trees. I could not help but think "those are my bees in that tree".
Bees are so interesting!
I want to beelieve.
WA Apiary ID WA14-077
8 medium hives. 5 Langstroth, 3 Nuc
See hive data at
http://twolittleladiesapiary.com/cms/node/6
https://www.facebook.com/twolittleladiesapiary

Offline Spear

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 03:55:14 pm »
The beek club keeps their hives about half a block from where I have my girls so I find myself wondering if the bee I'm looking at is one of mine or from the club hives.

Took some more pic with my cell phone cam of the girls working some flowers on the side of the road -
They are real fast and my cam is not very good, this is the best shot I could get - LOL

They were also on the tiny flowers on this vine - I would never of known that these were good for bees if I hadn't seen it for myself (look carefully there is a bee in this pic)

One thing I did notice is that these bees look so very small when my girls at the hive are really big so maybe they are not my bees at all...?

Offline richard88

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 03:49:54 am »
Awesome clicks, but it would be more better if could be a better cam

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 01:12:36 pm »
Nice.
It really looks like a focus problem. Top picture is focased on the bottom of the picture. Can you tell the camera where to focus like you can on an Iphone? Even still with auto focus, it is hard to do with the bees constantly moving.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline sarahplusbees

• New Bee
    • Sarah Plus Bees
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 12:39:43 pm »
Lovely little buggies! It looks like you are too close to the subject to get it in focus. You generally need a special (read:expensive) lens to get close ups of tiny things like bees. Try standing a bit further away and taking a wider shot, then cropping it after the fact. It won't be super high quality, but at least your girls will be in focus.
-Sarah Plonski
www.sarahplusbees.com

anything