Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: DDT Must Have Been Considered Safe In The Beginning?  (Read 1497 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
DDT Must Have Been Considered Safe In The Beginning?
« on: August 14, 2023, 01:01:19 am »
Check out these scenes from 1945...

https://youtube.com/shorts/W6UKE3hoNrw?feature=share
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online animal

• Queen Bee
Re: DDT Must Have Been Considered Safe In The Beginning?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 03:06:38 am »
it was ... is ... to humans.... at least there are still no confirmed effects in humans... suspected reproductive effects.
The scare was over thin shell condor eggs if I remember correctly.
It is still used in parts of the world today. I remember when people would get it from Mexico well after it was banned here.. It may still be legal down there, for all I know.
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 06:26:08 am »
  The Government of the Philippines.. Still use DDT for dengue.. To kill mosquitoes..   That can carry Dengue . This travel by mosquito bites.. From where I know.. You can buy all the chemical... That United States as outlawed in the Philippines..

BEE HAPPY 😊 Jim134
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 06:38:14 am by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 06:49:06 am »
We were assured you could drink DDT and it wouldn't hurt you...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 08:29:22 am »
We sprayed it in the kitchen the whole time I was growing up. No harmful effects that I know of. It just worked too well for our GREAT? gov. to keep around.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 12:08:29 pm »
DDT was one of the single greatest lifesavers developed.  It is still used.  It was withdrawn from use in the US because a tree hugger wrote a book.
It was never proven to cause soft shells in bird eggs or any of the other things claimed. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2023, 02:41:47 pm »
I could look it up but am lazy.  What caused the eagle to have such a low population.  I do know antidotally there are lots more eagles around where I live now then there were when I was a kid.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2023, 05:04:12 pm »
What caused the eagle to have such a low population.  I do know antidotally there are lots more eagles around where I live now then there were when I was a kid.

I believe it was later proposed that it was a virus.  The same kind that causes many birds to lay soft-shelled eggs.  Also, remember that many of those species became protected and that reduced the number killed for things like eating our chickens.

It''s kinda like CCD.  Lots of theories, but none proven.   :wink:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2023, 06:09:36 pm »
Well; If it's that good, maybe it is the "right under our nose", cure for Covid!  :shocked: :cheesy: :wink:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2023, 07:16:45 pm »
https://www.cato.org/commentary/bring-back-ddt

not too old an article about bringing back DDT.  Some interesting quotes and stuff in it.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2023, 07:45:43 pm »
Good article Kathy, thanks for posting...

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2023, 08:37:13 am »
yes, science and knowledge should be ignored at all cost...
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2023, 09:15:59 am »
Ace, how can you believe science when it changes it's ""facts"" almost daily?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2023, 10:11:00 am »
It''s kinda like CCD.  Lots of theories, but none proven.   :wink:

Thats true. Also depending on 'which' scientist are doing the reporting..    :wink:  Remember we were told if we take the experimental 'solution' we would be in the clear as far as getting or giving the 'dread'.. and we would not be able to spread it to our older parents and grandparents either this was the final solution.. Well so much for that science, after billions were spent. Apparently the goal post continues to move, perhaps the goal post are on wheels?

For example;

https://youtu.be/YuJeTb1DsBQ

A portion from the transcript..

"You see, despite the non-stop messaging that's been coming out of the CDC every once in a while there's an event that pops a hole in their well-crafted narrative. With one of the most recent and perhaps more most ridiculous examples being the CDC event that was held over by the CDC headquarters which experienced a massive covet outbreak despite the fact that nearly everyone in attendance was vaccinated. But as ridiculous as that was in and of itself, it gets even Wilder. Because we hear The Epic Times we were able to successfully file a Freedom of Information Act request through which we obtained internal documents from within the CDC itself and they showed something surprising. They showed that for one, the outbreak was significantly larger than the CDC had previously reported."
Roman Balmakov
Facts Matter, of
The Epoch Times

According to this report, released just 13 hours ago, (from the Epoch Times), there 'was' a 21% 'minimum' outbreak, within the very walls of the CDC Headquarters itself, in spite of ......... 
Now; Did the science change, or were we lied too about the experimental prevention that was pushed so hard by Fauci and gang???? 

After reading Kathy's report about DDT which was published in 2016, as well as the post by Mr Bush, iddee, Jim134, and animal; I am wondering about the negative hit on DDT as well.  I was taught the same as gww in school. DDT was the cause of the decline in Eagles and Buzzards.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2023, 10:47:38 am »
yes, science and knowledge should be ignored at all cost...

At one point, both science and knowledge said the Earth was flat. 

Science and what we think we know should be constantly challenged.  But you are a follower of Fauci, so... :cheesy:

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2023, 12:38:52 pm »
Science said that X-Rays were harmless.  Science said that DDT was harmless.  Science said that Chlordane was harmless.  Science said that you could convert lead to gold.  Then it progressed to the principles of modern Chemistry.  The indestructibility of matter aka Law of Conservation of Mass (now thoroughly disproved), The Law of Definite Proportions, which is also not true, The Law of Multiple Proportions which is also not true and a bit of an amalgamation called Dalton's Theory:

All matter consists of indivisible particles called atoms.
    Atoms of the same element are similar in shape and mass, but differ from the atoms of other elements.
    Atoms cannot be created or destroyed.
    Atoms of different elements may combine with each other in a fixed, simple, whole number ratios to form compound atoms.
    Atoms of same element can combine in more than one ratio to form two or more compounds.
    The atom is the smallest unit of matter that can take part in a chemical reaction.

These rules helped us make great strides in Chemistry, but they weren't true.  Madam Curie disproved most of them. 

Science is wrong more often than it's right and what they say is right is constantly changing, as it should, as we discover new things.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2023, 02:58:25 pm »
Knowledge and truth are not the same thing, and science, as much as we might hate to admit it, does not tell us what is the truth, it can only provide us with a framework to gain knowledge.  And while knowledge continually strives after truth, it can never fully reach it in its entirely, because we aren't omniscient.  We can never know everything there is to know about everything, even though our knowledge continues to grow over time. 

Science is more about understanding the natural world in a way that is useful to us.  For example, weather prediction.  Over the past several hundred years, our methods of weather prediction have grown increasingly more sophisticated, and we now have tools like radar and satellite imaging at our disposal, where once all we had was looking up at the sky.  Our knowledge of how weather generally works in a local and global scale has increased through many years of observation, and we now have fairly reliable patterns, which helps us to generally predict weather with accuracy that is useful.  But as we're all aware by how frequently we berate our local weathermen for not forecasting something correctly, science cannot tell us the truth about what the weather WILL certainly be, it can only give us models that get more and more useful over time as more and more knowledge and tools are available to us. 

Take gravity, which could be considered a "truth" in the sense that is a law of physics that undeniably exists, yet we had startlingly little knowledge about how gravity works on a cosmic scale until recently, because we didn't have enough knowledge to construct a useful model that both represented what we see from gravity and predicted results with accuracy.  But we all know gravity is "true", even though science was without functional mathematical knowledge of it.   

Even our conversation about taxonomy on another thread recently falls in line with this.  The taxonomic system of binomial nomenclature exists only as a convenient way to organize the natural world, and as our knowledge of individual species increases, it's continually edited to make sure it remains useful.  But in no way does taxonomy attempt to say that Apis mellifera is the true name of the honey bee and all other names are false.  It's simply the way we are currently classifying the honey bee, to the best of our modern knowledge.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2023, 08:54:29 am »
But you are a follower of Fauci, so... :cheesy:
Yes, I put my faith in someone who has spent their whole carrier studying things I don't understand.  And has gained recognition for that study.  I do not put my faith in someone unknown trying to make a name for themselves coming up with theories that are unsupported by piers.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2023, 09:04:19 am »
""Yes, I put my faith in someone who has spent their whole carrier studying things I don't understand.  And has gained recognition for that study.""

I suppose that includes Hitler. He fits that description.

I don't support people who have publicly admitted to lying to the people, as has Fauci and Hitler, who are suspected of poisoning millions with chemical warfare.

*Shel Silverstein*

salvo

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2023, 09:26:19 am »
Hi 15,

I was just about to say the exact same thing!?

Sal

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2023, 11:31:21 am »
Yes, I put my faith in someone who has spent their whole carrier studying things I don't understand.  And has gained recognition for that study

and he was wrong and/or lied about everything.  Good choice.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2023, 06:32:12 am »
>and he was wrong and/or lied about everything

For half a century...
-------------------

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2023, 08:45:30 am »
Yes, I put my faith in someone who has spent their whole carrier studying things I don't understand.  And has gained recognition for that study

and he was wrong and/or lied about everything.  Good choice.
coming from a medical genius with no credibility.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2023, 08:49:53 am »
No, Ace, it came from a lady who's husband is the administrator of a large hospital, so I think her sources are fairly accurate.
And that is a small hint of his overall experience.

Kathy, if that is revealing too much private info, delete it. I wasn't sure I should be posting it.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2023, 11:04:10 am »
Kathy, if that is revealing too much private info, delete it. I wasn't sure I should be posting it.

not quite accurate, but he's retired now so   :grin:

And it doesn't matter who I am or who I am married to.  It is not my credibility that is in question.  Fauci has been caught in so many lies about the lab, the money, what he knew and didn't know AND he lied to Congress more than once.  That alone is a crime and people have gone to jail for it.

It is Fauci who has no credibility.  Ace you put your faith in Fauci and if you did a little honest research you would come to the same conclusion of even leftist publications which is that what we did was wrong and based on wrong info, most of that from Fauci.  I think he knew it was all wrong and lied because he knew where it came from and was trying to cover his backside.  It's almost worse if with all his "experience" he just got it all wrong. 
  You trusted him, but there were many, many, others who gave us accurate info, or tried to.  Many of those had credentials more impressive than Fauci and actual real world experience.

People like you chose to believe him and not give info from any other source any consideration and you chose wrong.  We all paid for it.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 11:21:28 am by Kathyp »

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2023, 01:23:40 pm »
Ace, google Fauci and Aids .. he's a long-time swamp creature.
A drug related to Aids treatment just came to mind because of this ... thalidomide.
If you want to trust "Science" to yield firm answers on what is safe when it comes to drugs, consider that thalidomide was pronounced safe and effective for morning sickness and other discomforts of pregnancy. This pronouncement was very much scientific in it's day.
The results were pretty bad for many kids carried by those pregnant women. ... So bad, that the FDA severely reworked the approval process for drugs ... making it much harder and more costly to get a drug approved, partly because of additional testing requirements. When it came to Covid, many of the modern scientific requirements for testing were suspended because of the perceived need for expedience. You might say, they rolled back time on those scientific requirements, or you might even say they ignored modern science-based requirements for rigorous testing.
Science is a particular process, or methodology. Science does not yield great truths which cannot be questioned; that's the purview of a cult. It yields workable solutions for problems at hand.

15th said things quite well in her post that mentioned gravity. Something to consider concerning gravity also bears mentioning. Under Newtonian Physics, gravity is a force created as a consequence of mass. Under Relativistic Physics, gravity is not a force, but a consequence of space-time curvature. These two ways of defining gravity conflict with each other, so both cannot be "true". However, both can be considered correct within their respective descriptions of "physics". Both Newtonian and Relativistic views of physics are scientifically accepted as valid ways of explaining the actions of things ... yet objectively, both cannot be true. Both work to do different jobs in science, so we use them because they are useful. Several times, Einstein said, "I am not a priest."  As usual with his statements, this has many implications; one of which was a warning to not take the results of science as dispensational truth.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 06:36:28 pm by animal »

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2023, 03:18:57 pm »
It was from memory, so details may be a little off.

I was replying to Ace's fantasy crystal ball that told him this ""coming from a medical genius with no credibility.""

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2023, 03:26:15 pm »
When it came to Covid, many of the modern scientific requirements for testing were suspended because of the perceived need for expedience.

And the flip side to that is that both Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine have very strong anti-viral properties.  They are also cheap and available with very few side effects.  None of that can be said about the very expensive drugs that have been put on the market for COVID.   They were logical drugs to turn to, and the FDA just came out and said that doctors can prescribe Ivermectin for covid.  They always could, but some wannabe doctors posing as pharmacists refused to fill the prescriptions. 

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2023, 11:37:24 pm »
but hydroxychloroquine is racist and there's no pour-on version of  ivermectin for humans  :tongue:

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2023, 08:51:06 am »
>coming from a medical genius with no credibility.

I assumed that was referring to Fauci.
-------------------

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2023, 09:54:42 am »
and the FDA just came out and said that doctors can prescribe Ivermectin for covid.

News to me! Searched and it seems they are in damage control, denying that was what they meant...

Oh, with Hydroxychloroquine do not forget the zinc. Either one alone is pretty much useless, and they spent a lot of money to prove that. Leaving out the part about how the two together are effective :angry:

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2023, 10:32:31 am »
It appears that what Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin and quercetin do is they facilitate transport of zinc into the cells.  Without the zinc, they really don't work and without some catalyst like them the zinc doesn't really work very well.
-------------------

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2023, 11:03:05 am »
It appears that what Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin and quercetin do is they facilitate transport of zinc into the cells.  Without the zinc, they really don't work and without some catalyst like them the zinc doesn't really work very well.
Have seen hints this is also true with Ivermectin, but not seen anything definitive like with Hydroxychloroquine. Was also much easier to research in the early days of covid before the censorship started. Psst, Quinine is about as good and available with out a prescription.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2023, 01:39:59 pm »

It appears that what Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin and quercetin do is they facilitate transport of zinc into the cells.  Without the zinc, they really don't work and without some catalyst like them the zinc doesn't really work very well

All are reported to have anti-viral properties by themselves.  The weakest evidence is probably for zinc alone.  The reason we know so much about Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine is that when used for the labeled diseases, it was observed that they also had strong anti-viral properties. 
The combination of either of them with Zinc potentially strengthens the anti-viral action.

The press and the "experts" did everyone a great disservice by misrepresenting those drug actions and in many cases blocking their use.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2023, 10:47:29 pm »

As was explained to me by a scientist friend who has spent his life in research, Hydroxychloroquine along with zinc is the trick as you described. Hydroxychloroquine opens the door to cells (receptors) which then allows zinc to enter and do its thing.. We did not discuss ivermectin at the time.... 

anything