Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What's a strong 8 frame hive worth?  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
What's a strong 8 frame hive worth?
« on: September 06, 2017, 02:30:33 pm »
Somebody offered to buy an 8 frame hive that I have on another yard. I've never sold any bees, but I'm familiar with the prices of nucs in my area, 150-200......I would consider selling this hive, and it would include the hive body, all the frames, inner cover, lid, sbb, pretty much close seal it up and sell it the way it is. There pretty strong, they were removed from a tree early spring, and haven't swarmed all summer. What would you guys say is a fair price on this hive?
Take a kid fishing !

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: What's a strong 8 frame hive worth?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 03:01:34 pm »
Have you priced the replacement cost of the supers? I price checked 1x12x10s at Lowe's the other day - $27+ I've been selling mine for $230 lock stock and barrel. The frames add up as well. If folks don't want it then I'll let them swarm :)
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 03:02:24 pm »
The last time I bought a nuc it was $125 for 4 frames. That was just the frames. I had to return the box. I would get the price of new wooden ware, then discount it by a percentage based on condition and add $150 to it. That of course is just me however. I don't know what it is worth to you.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 03:15:17 pm »
I was thinking 250$ just the way it sits. The equipment is in real good shape. New paint as well. So I wasn't too far off track. I think I will tell him 250 and see what he says. I really don't want or have to get rid of it. But I would. That's the only hive I've got that's not here at home.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 03:18:54 pm »
I've seen them on Craig's list for $250-300
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 04:45:23 pm »
"That's the only hive I've got that's not here at home."

It is a control point then.
Factor in your replacing it, and if you're still happy at 250... go for it.

Cheers.

Bill

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 09:37:14 pm »
I was thinking 250$ just the way it sits. The equipment is in real good shape. New paint as well. So I wasn't too far off track. I think I will tell him 250 and see what he says. I really don't want or have to get rid of it. But I would. That's the only hive I've got that's not here at home.
You could just move it to the location of all your other hives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 09:20:22 am »
If it is just one box then I say you are doing good at 250 if it is two boxes I think the buyer is doing good.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

anything