Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Treat doing Flow?  (Read 1092 times)

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
Treat doing Flow?
« on: May 31, 2021, 05:39:50 pm »
I?m finding new bees every day dying and crawling around on the ground. Easy to see because of the concrete in my yard. And it?s bad. Linden is going to pop in the next week or two. Should I wait to treat or just do it before things get worse? Formic Pro. What do you think?
"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism

Offline TheHoneyPump

• Queen Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
Treat doing Flow?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 06:40:59 pm »
What specifically would you be treating for?  What do the sickly bees actually look like. Pictures or video would be helpful.
Generally the positive results of treatment for most ailments are not really seen until the next generation which is 3+ weeks after treatment.  And the effects of healthier stronger foraging (flow capitalization) is not until 5 to 6 weeks after treatment.
That hopefully gives perspective and sets realistic expectations about the lindens.
When the lid goes back on, the bees will spend the next 3 days undoing most of what the beekeeper just did to them.

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
Re: Treat doing Flow?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 02:47:16 pm »
What specifically would you be treating for?  What do the sickly bees actually look like. Pictures or video would be helpful.
Generally the positive results of treatment for most ailments are not really seen until the next generation which is 3+ weeks after treatment.  And the effects of healthier stronger foraging (flow capitalization) is not until 5 to 6 weeks after treatment.
That hopefully gives perspective and sets realistic expectations about the lindens.

VERY good questions. My assumption is mites but it?s not good to assume.  In past years, my bees have exhibited symptoms of trachael mites and formic fixed that. The timing you mention above is very helpful and leads me to believe that even if I treat now, it won?t have any effect on the upcoming linden flow.  Thank you, HP.
"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism

anything