ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Spring Turkey 2021

<< < (3/3)

AustinB:

--- Quote from: CoolBees on May 13, 2021, 02:07:34 pm ---
--- Quote from: AustinB on May 12, 2021, 01:11:25 pm ---.... At the same time I am trying to not rush it, and really enjoy these formative years ...
--- End quote ---

Most definitely, the days go by slowly, but the years go by so fast!

I never pushed my kids to hunt. I simply "did my own thing" and answered their questions when asked. When my son was 12 yrs old, as I was pulling out of the driveway heading for 3 weeks in Elk camp, he came running out of the house and said, "Dad, I want to go too". I replied, "No Sir. You didn't finish your hunters safety course". ... when he was 13 he was ready. So I canceled everyone else and spent the season with him. He got his 1st buck & 1st Doe that year. Both whitetails. The look on his face as he held up his Buck for the first time, was priceless ... and I snapped the picture ... ahh memories. ... :grin: :cool:

--- End quote ---

Yep, if they want to do it that's great, if not its best to let it go. Great memories for sure. Some of my best childhood memories were hunting with my uncle and dad. My dad wasn't really a hunter, he did it because of my interest in it, which meant a lot to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version