BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM.

Do you plant for your bees?

<< < (6/6)

AustinB:

--- Quote from: Oldbeavo on May 15, 2021, 07:23:05 pm ---I think the info that is missing from this post is; how many hives are you trying to feed from your plantings?
2 or 3 hives go for it , 10+ hives maybe, 20+ hives you are talking acres of plantings and spread seasonally. Otherwise its only a snack on the way to Macca's.

--- End quote ---
Number of hives was an intentional omission. My interest is specifically aimed at anyone who has done, or currently does cultivate ag specifically for their bees. Regardless of the number of hives or the size of the ag.

FatherMichael:
Great video!

Trees it is!

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: AustinB on May 15, 2021, 11:20:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: Oldbeavo on May 15, 2021, 07:23:05 pm ---I think the info that is missing from this post is; how many hives are you trying to feed from your plantings?
2 or 3 hives go for it , 10+ hives maybe, 20+ hives you are talking acres of plantings and spread seasonally. Otherwise its only a snack on the way to Macca's.

--- End quote ---
Number of hives was an intentional omission. My interest is specifically aimed at anyone who has done, or currently does cultivate ag specifically for their bees. Regardless of the number of hives or the size of the ag.

--- End quote ---

Austin their is a fellow in Canada that purposely plants things for his bees. He and his family run a three part, large Ag farm.  Crops, Cattle, and Bees/Honey. Ian Steppler has a youtube channel and post short videos regularly of his day to day experiences about his bees and farm life. I might be wrong and confusing his bee operation with someone else but best to my recollection he has thousands of hives.

Last year he posted of plants purposely planted in spaces between his fields, especially for the intention of boosting pollen and nectar when his regular crops are not in season for such. I do not remember what plants he planted but he was very happy with the results and expressed so in his video. I will try and find if for you.

AustinB:
Ben - Sounds awesome. I?ll have to do some searching. If you find anything further on him I?d love to see it, thanks!

Ben Framed:

--- Quote ---I live by 2 sayings:
1) 5% of the people think. 10% of people think that they "think". The other 85% would rather die, than think.
2) if you make people "think" that they're thinking, they will love you. But, if you ACTUALLY make them think, they will hate you.

--- End quote ---

CoolBees my friend; In many cases you might be very close to being right! :shocked: :grin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version