Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 8 Tube mold from lehman's  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Occam

• House Bee
Re: 8 Tube mold from lehman's
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 09:58:22 am »
Do you use Etsy? Is that a thing over there? I've seen quite a few molds for tapers (or other shapes for that matter) on there. Everything from antique molds to 3d printed molds. Hope that helps
Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity

Offline NigelP

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 02:20:28 pm »
Max, they state on their ebay  page that they won't work with beeswax.....I'm assuming you wanted them for such.

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 06:56:54 pm »
Max, they state on their ebay  page that they won't work with beeswax.....I'm assuming you wanted them for such.

Yes, you are correct.
I went to a market In Kyogle and the beekeepers sold candles made using this mold. I purchased one - the told me that the mold worked very well, better than silicon molds.
I would love to give it a try.
We have Etsy here and I will have a look.
thanks for the information

Offline NigelP

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 04:14:09 am »
My better half does all our candle work, mainly with silicone moulds. She sprays internally with a  silcone release spray before adding beeswax, so they come out easily. The real trick is getting the correct wick size so they burn slow and even, She usually tries several different sizes before deciding which size gives the best burn. The recommended sizes are not always correct.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2023, 01:55:13 am »
Not tube molded but nice candles..
First prize winner at the National Honey Show!

https://youtu.be/tUQyHQRAOxI
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.