MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE CONSTITUTION

National Anthem

<< < (2/7) > >>

Michael Bush:
Yes, Waltzing Matilda does sound nice on bagpipes... You have Anzac day and most people in the US don't know anything about Gallipoli... I guess it makes sense to a small degree since we didn't fight in it, but it was one of, if not THE, longest and bloodiest battles in the history of the world...  I never heard much about it until I went to Istanbul..

Dallasbeek:
Question:  "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda" was in the soundtrack of a fairly recent movie, I think.  Anyone know what movie?  It's a truly haunting song about the devastation of Gallipoli.

Kathyp:
The only time I'm bothered by how the national anthem is done is when they make it sound like a funeral dirge. It's a song of celebration.  I am not opposed to artistic interpretation as long as they don't make it sound like we should be shoveling dirt as they sing it.

Kathyp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8C7i9kdEf8

OldMech:

--- Quote from: mikecva on January 27, 2015, 06:10:58 pm ---Is it just me or are others disturbed when 'artist' butcher the US National Anthem by singing it other then the way our country adopted it? -Mike

--- End quote ---

YES! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version